Monday, March 21, 2011

A Verve Case Study



I absolutely love this card Julee created so made some time to play along with this week's Case Study.  I was drawn to the bright colours (and of course the green polka dots!) as well as the darling sailboats on the DP and Text Notes set.

I kept to the nautical theme and combined it with one of this month's Verve sketches   The fun DP was my starting point and I drew my colours from there.

Now that I'm looking at the picture, I think my sentiment is a bit skewed...ugh....I'm blaming it on the recent bash of skewed sketches ;-)

First week of Spring Break has begun and our first few days are going to be spring cleaning:  getting rid of clothes the kids have outgrown, getting rid of the mold on the back deck, changing out the winter bedding, continuing the never ending battle of clearing out the basement, cleaning some windows and as many other things I can sneak in without the kids disowning me LOL!

If you haven't had a chance to participate in Sarah's birthday hop and blog anniversary sketch, pop on over to see what all the excitement is about :)   She is offering some amazing Verve stamps as the prizes.

Have a glorious day and thanks for stopping by today.




What's In It?
Stamps: (Verve) Text Notes
Paper:  SU DP, Real Red, Only Orange, Old Olive, Ballet Blue, Cool Caribbean
Ink: Black
Accessories: Circle Nesties, Labels 15 Nesties, Marvy Star Punch, Button, Twine, Glue Dot, Double Sided Sticky Tape, 1/4" Olive Grosgrain Ribbon, Dimensionals

22 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Wowwwwwwwww, is that ever CUUUUUUTE! Love the ruffly ribbon, the bright and cheerful colors, and I think I totally need those labels 15 nesties now. :)

Dawn Easton said...

Marisa, this is adorable!!! Love the ribbon treatment and fun colours!

Emily Keaton said...

What a fun card, Marisa! I love that sweet little sailboat. Great job with the sketch. :)

Have fun (and be productive!) with the spring cleaning today! I hope the kids are a big help and you get lots accomplished. I've got a long TO DO list for today, too. :)

Andrea Ewen said...

Beautiful Marisa! That sailboat is darling and your sketch is spot on! So glad that you found time in your busy cleaning schedule to play along at CASE Study! When you're done there, you'll find a plane ticket to the East Coast under your coffee maker. Follow the explicit instructions included to come to my house and take care of my killer dust bunnies. If you chose to accept this mission, all glory will be yours. This message will self-destruct...in 5 minutes.
LOL~

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love the brighter colors this time of year! Great boat -

Lynn said...

This is fabulous Marisa!!! I love everything about your card, the bright colors, the rolled ribbon, cute sailboat image...all of it!

Maureen said...

oh, LOVE these colours!! And that sweet little sailboat...this is a great CASE of Julee's card :) I am happy to report that all my dies are organized and labelled...will take pictures to post this week :)

Susan (rainy) said...

Marisa this is beautiful.. a wonderful 'study' of Julee's piece. And I absolutely LOVE the gathered grosgrain ribbons.

Katina said...

Just beautiful Marisa! The colours are so fresh, I love the ribbon and the sentiment is lovely. Fab! xx

Christina said...

I love how you've combined these challenges! The colors are fantastic and the design is so nicely balanced. This is just a happy card!

Holly aka Toy said...

Ok, that's it... now I want to go sailing! What a fun fun card!!

ChristineCreations said...

I love the colors you chose on this Marisa! It is the cutest card!

Benzi said...

What a fun, cheerful card! Super colors and I love that little sailboat.
Good luck with all your spring cleaning.

Kristina said...

I love how you used those bright, cheery colors to create your card! I have been staring at Julee's card and decided in my mind that the brightness would be my inspiration launching point as well. The double scrunched ribbon is too fun!

Good luck on your cleaning spree! Sounds like a lot of work, but the really rewarding kind. I always love the look of a REALLY clean house. :)

Spring break is still two weeks away for me (the first full week of April), but it's definitely on the horizon! I'm heading up to Oregon again for a big chunk of it to visit my sister and bf. So excited!

Heidi said...

Marissa this is beautiful, great take on the card. Heidi

Betty Wright said...

This is so springtime fabulous, Marisa! Sailing in the wind with some sun in my face and a mist of saltwater in the air! Fun and wonderfully done! Love CASE study card! Hope you are doing great!

Sue Kohler said...

love the bright and beautiful colours Marisa, layers and layers of them!! very creative with the double scrunched ribbon- awesome!
Thanks for jumping in a playing with us at CASE study, good to have you back again! :)

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

TOO cute, Marisa! Great use of the sketch - very creative!!

Flo - Sweetideas said...

Very cute. Love the geometric construction look to your card.

Stacy aka Twinshappy on SCS said...

This is way CUTE! Super fun boy card, the boat is darling.

Linda Callahan said...

I love Julie's card - and yours is just as wonderful! Great job!

Jean Martin said...

Gosh Marisa this is wonderful! I love the clean lines and all that color! Fabulous! Thanks for playing with us at CASE Study Challenge! :)