Saturday, January 30, 2010

Gerber Delight



No more, guessing which room we get to go to in February for the Verve Inspiration Sketches. Amber has chosen dining rooms - how fun :D 

I selected this delightful dining room picture because I just loved the open, airy feel to it and the colours were delightful.  My eye was drawn to the orange flowers on the pillows, the gerber daisies and the paned windows in the background (if you click on the picture it will enlarge so you can see it better).  That lead me to make my own flowers, which I then mounted on little white squares.  Since turquoise is fabulous with orange, I mounted the flowered squares on to a turquoise panel to create my "window" effect (as you can tell, I'm not too good at lining the squares up or cutting them equally - ugh!!) and then layered that panel on to a celery panel.  What a fun, dynamic combination of colours!

The horizontal center panel gave me a bit of grief, as it took me forever to find a sentiment that would fit this small panel.  In addition, since this is a funky kind of card, it needed a script that wasn't too "formal or proper" LOL!   Thankfully, Embrace Life came to the rescue!  I stamped it in chocolate chip, matted it on orange to tie in with the flowers and added a brown half pearl on each side of it for a bit of dimension.  To finish things off, I matted the main image panel on white and popped it up for a bit of dimension and visible layering.  Love how this fun, funky card turned out :D  It will be perfect to send to a friend who needs to be reminded to embrace life, enjoy life and seize each day.

Have a fabulous weekend, everyone.  I'll be spending a good part of this weekend doing week three of Science Fair project work with my kids!  This weekend the kids get to finish collecting data from their experiments, typing it into tables on Word, and collecting background information on their topics.  From there, all they need to do is lay out their display boards and practice their presentation speeches.  The end is near - yeah!!






What's In It?
Stamps:  Embrace Life
Paper:  Tempting Turquoise, Certainly Celery, Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate Chip
Ink:  Chocolate Chip
Accessories:  Marvy Flower Punch, 1/4" Hole Punch, Brown Half Pearls, Dimensionals

11 comments:

Dawn B. said...

This is a fun card.. I LOVE That room don't you. I am really drawn to white rooms with lots of colored accessories. Your card is perfect. Of course we get our derby card done and we get 6 in of snow and it cancels everything..Hope it is sunny and warm there..hugs.

Linda Callahan said...

This is a wonderful interpretation of the picture!

Maureen said...

Oh, yes! It was hard not to use this picture, wasn't it? I love these colours and love the grid of flowers you have made. Love gerbers...had several in my bridal bouquet...they scream summer!! And we had snow today...not much, it's mostly gone...so this card made me smile :) Thanks for all the encouragement for the walk...I've passed my last goal and am so excited about tomorrow...it feels good to do something for mom even though she's gone (and won't benefit, but in her memory ) :)

Kathy Jones said...

WOW MARISA!!!! This is SO COOL!!!! Love your bright colours, clean lines and fantastic design!!!!! Love all those flowers and the cool sentiment panel!!!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Marisa - this is such a cool layout and what a beautiful inspired card it is!!! Love it!!! Hugs ~S~

Teresa Kline said...

this card is super adorable, luv all those flowers....my tiny heart cuttlebug folder is from Cut At Home, the link is here;

http://www.ucutathome.com/store/index.php?detail=y&pid=1894

Have a wonderful week.

enjoy *~*

Lynn Put said...

This is so great! I really like the color combo that you used from the inspiration picture! The daisies just pop!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

So clean, fresh, and pretty, Marisa; just like the inspiration room!

Sue from Oregon said...

Wow...wonderful cards and great blog...Hey, I recognize your SCS name too! I am going to be a new follower...thanks for stopping in today on my blog as well!

ChristineCreations said...

Oh what a fantastic card! (and yummy inspiration picture too!)

And OH science project work! I hope that it all went well!

TannyP said...

Do you always have a hit or what?! =) Lovely work with this dining room inspiration piece. Your flowers are just so springy....love it!