Friday, March 12, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day



Pals Paper Arts Colour Challenge this week was perfect for a birthday card I had to make for my blogging friend, Maureen over at Buttons and Bling.  She is a St. Patty's Day baby and since this card may not make it to her in time for her birthday (our mail system is crazy at best!) I'm posting it here before I send it to her so she can make sure to get it before March 17th.  Happy Birthday, Maureen!!

As luck would have it, I actually received this Bella as a bonus gift with an on-line order.  Needless to say, I thought of Maureen right away.  My follow up thought was, hey, this Bella looks like me because my hair is just as curly and I love the colour green! It was meant to be :D

My card was based on this week's Stepping Stone's Sketch, but with the Bella being as large as she was it is a bit of a stretch from the sketch.  I guess I should have made a larger card!  Anyway, I coloured her with Twinkling H2Os which reminded me once again that I am far from a colouring guru LOL!  The celery panel actually has shamrocks stamped all over it but it got pretty well covered up. I popped up the shamrocks in her bucket and added a button on the sentiment panel.  Even managed to sneek my Swiss Dots embossing folder in - grin :D

Spring Break is almost half way done now and we have had a great week visiting friends we don't get to see on a regular basis due to where they live.  I have also been able to go through all the closets to get rid of clothes that are too small etc. and have put a big dint in the basement cleanup job - yeah!!  Just need to take a run to the Sally Ann, recycle depot and maybe the dump and we will be well on our way to an organized and decluttered basement!  Thus my self proclaimed reward of some stamping time today - said doing the happy dance LOL!

Thanks for dropping by!  Have a fabulous weekend :D





What's In It?

Stamps:  Goodluckabella, StudioG
Paper:  Garden Green, Certainly Celery, Kraft
Ink: Garden Green
Accessories:  Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, Oval and Scalloped Oval Nesties, Twinkling H2Os, Aqua Brush, Button, Twine, Glue Dot, Dimensionals

15 comments:

Maureen said...

awww...thanks!!! I LOVE it!!! I have this Bella too and couldn't resist it :) Fabulous colouring job :) I just love her wild hair :) We've had snow here all morning...just in time to be late for the Olympics...hopefully it will work out for the Paralympics :) Taxes are done and now I'm stamping :) Mail hasn't come yet...I'm crossing my fingers :)

Wanda Cullen said...

This is so cute and beautifully colored! Maureen will love it! I thought of you when I missplaced my dotted swiss EF for about a week. I started cleaning through my piles in my stamp room and it appeared in my basket of dies! :-)
Sounds like you're having both a fun and productive spring break.

Laural-Lee said...

Awe Marisa. You're such a sweet blog buddy! I know Maureen will love it! Great colour combo...I need to try it!

Good for you getting some spring cleaning done. I haven't even been able to get my regular stuff done since everyone around here has been ill. Not the spring break I was planning on but something can be said for the relaxation of not leaving the house for 5 days!

Enjoy your crafty time.

Vicki Burdick said...

Super cute card Marisa!!

Heidi said...

Hey, sorry I have not been around! This card is adorable... love that bella.

Ann Schach said...

Absolutely adorable! Such great details, and excellent use of the challenge colors. Thanks for playing @ PPA!

Shawne said...

This is Ka-ute! Love it!

Vickie Z said...

Cute card!! You're a nut!! Hair like hers!!!

Know your Spring Break has been busy... carting/entertaining kids!! Hope you relaxed a little.

Michelle Woerner said...

OHHH, this is perfect for Maureen! I love your coloring on miss Bella!! Great card. Hugs,

Kristina said...

What a perfect card for Maureen!! I love how you popped up the shamrocks in her little bucket. It really adds that little extra something to the card.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Kristina said...

I typed out my comment to you and then blogger went and had some weird error... Grrr!

So, I'm back! With new and improved comments for you! Yay!

What a fantastic card, Marisa! I love the different shades of green. And the little popped up shamrocks in her bucket are perfect and add that little special something to the card. Maureen is going to love it! Have a wonderful weekend!

Linda Callahan said...

Really cute - definitely made me smile!

Stacey Schafer said...

Super cute, Marisa! Love that Bella and fun color combo:)

Vickie Z said...

Great card for Maureen's b-day!!! Too funny about the hair!!!

TannyP said...

Awww - so perfect for Maureen - and you! =) What a great bonus. Love those dots. Your button is perfectly placed and those shamrocks popping out are too perfect. Lovely card, Marisa!