Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Flowers and Polka Dots Oh My!!



Yeah!!!! I've finally finished my work for hubby so I get to play in my craft area again!!  It feels wonderful and yet a bit strange at the same time.  However, I'm thinking I can alleviate that issue pretty quickly LOL!

That being said, it has been a sloooow go getting the old mojo back up and running.  Kind of like when you turn on the car and all you hear is whaaaaow, whaaaow, whaaaow and then silence.  So, what better place to rev up the old mojo than a sketch challenge, and this week's There She Goes sketch is where I'm starting off this week. 

I combined the sketch with last week's Color Q challenge (late again...).  Some pretty bright colours, but I just love orange and blue together so gave it a whirl.  With flowers never far from my  mind, I used the There She Goes Polka Dot Blooms set.  Needless to say, I was doing a happy dance when I first saw this set because I love flowers and polka dots and this set has them both :) 


As an aside, TSG has a giveaway for this challenge.  All you need to do is create a card that uses the sketch, and add it to the InLinkz that is located at the bottom of this challenge post.  If you upload your card to an online craft gallery, please use the keyword TSG98.  The challenge is open until the winner has been announced on Monday (Mar 21st). The winner will get a $5 gift certificate to use in the TSG Web store! TSG stamps are not required to participate in the challenges but are appreciated :)   By participating in this challenge, you may also find yourself in the Trendsetting Spotlight that shines on the TSG Blog every Thursday.  


Thanks for your patience with my minimal posting the past six weeks :)   I'm going to be stamping up a storm this week and hopefully getting my mojo back in full swing so I can post daily.  That being said, the kids are off for a two week Spring Break as of next Monday (21st) so that may derail my best laid plans once again, but I'll do my best to post as often as I can over those two weeks. 

Have a wonderful day (((hugs)))!







What's In It?
Stamps: (There She Goes) Polka Dot Blooms
Paper: Cool Caribbean, So Saffron, Blue, Black
Ink: Bliss Blue
Accessories:
Circle Punches, Seeing Spots Embossing Folder, Crimper, SU Scalloped Border Punch, Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch, Crimper, Polka Dotted Ribbon, Half Pearls, Dimensionals



21 comments:

Benzi said...

Ooh, Marisa...love this card with the awesome colors and I am a polka and flower lover, too. How cute is that flower!!! Love it and your total creation. I see you didn't lose your love of the crimper while you were kind of MIA.
Glad you're back.

Tanya said...

Oh this is a beauty Marisa! Love the big ol polka dots and fabulous color combo!

Maureen said...

yay, you're back!!! So glad everything's done!! Loving the embossed polkadots on this and that fresh flower :) The temperatures are warming up here and most of the snow is gone :) I am sooooo ready for spring break :)

Christina said...

Polka dot perfection! So glad to see you back in your craft room, and with a fab card to show for it. Really great use of these colors and the sketch!

Linda Callahan said...

I love the big dot background! Such a great textured effect! Very pretty card!

Anonymous said...

It's always hard to get started again when you've had a break Marisa, but you'd never know from this beautiful creation! Everything you do is so elegant, fresh and stylish. xxxx

ChristineCreations said...

This is the perfect set for you girl! Love how you've used the colors and patterns too!

Amy Sheffer said...

Woweeeee, wow WOW, Marisa! I love this! GREAT use of the color combo ! Love the texture, too!

Debbie Carriere said...

Fabulous card!! Love the colors & all the texture alongside that single flower - perfect :)

Vickie Z said...

Lovin' this card!!! Great use of these colors and use of patterns/textures!!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Oh look at those colors, great job with them. Springy and sweet. You guys get 2 weeks for spring break. sheesshh... the kids only get one and its still a few weeks off. Enjoy the time with the kids!

AB. said...

Beautiful card!! I love the dot background - all the elements and colours have come together perfectly!!

Dawn B. said...

My car has not been in full throttle lately I think I need a tune up..hehe. This is gorgeous. I love the dots and butterfly together. SO glad you finished up and hope your spring break is fabo..

Emily Keaton said...

Dottilicious, Marisa!! I had so much fun using those ColourQ colors--looks like you did, too. How did you manage to get a dotty set made just for you?????? ;)

Betty Wright said...

This is wonderful, Marisa! Glad you had a chance to stamp today! Love the colors and design! Beautifully done!

Unknown said...

You couldn't completely lose that wonderful mojo of yours Marisa!! Not happening! Thank you for all your fabulous creations and the inspiration they bring with them! I can't wait for more! Hugs Viv xxx

Wanda Cullen said...

I don't see any lost mojo here...looks fabulous to me! Love these colors and layout with that touch of polka dots and crimping! So glad you'll be having more stamping time again! :-)

Susan (rainy) said...

Love the crisp bold colors and wonderful textures. Awesome card!

Andrea Ewen said...

Great to have you back as well, Marisa! It certainly puts a kink in our creative lifestyle to not be able to share on these little ole card blogs of ours! Make sure that when you've gotten sufficient mojo that you send some over to the East coast as well, seems as though I feel like I'm starting over again!
Love your adorable card, seems as though you've found your mojo lickety split! Awesome job with the colors and what a great variety of patterns and textures that just draw your eye! Beautiful Marisa style!

Tammy Hershberger said...

This is SO cute, Marisa! LOVE the color combo, and how the polka dots on the flower are reflected in the embossed background! I love it!

Holly aka Toy said...

Delish! Love the colors on this!