Thursday, June 23, 2011

A Dream Come True


First and foremost, I have something to share with you that I'm still pinching myself about!!  Yours truly gets to be a Guest Verve Diva in August because I won this month's Verve Diva Dare with this card.!!

I'm still in total shock, though the shock is wearing off a bit and I'm starting to tell myself "beware of what you wish for" LOL!  So many crazy talented Divas on the Verve team and then there is little old me!  Oh my....I'm excited, up for the challenge and a little intimidated all rolled into one.

Okay, think I can breath a bit now LOL!  Though I liked this week's Verve sketch, multiple paneled sketches always make me go "hmmmm".  Some wonderful My Little Shoe Box DP that I picked up at an LSS this week got me going on this one.  Love the colour combo and of course, the flowers ;)   That being said, where there are flowers there are butterflies (at least in my world lol) so I gleefully pulled out my new Verve Flutterby butterfly die and went to work.

In an attempt to change things up a bit, I opted for a kraft coloured sentiment panel.  That, along with very little white space on the card, is messing with my brain LOL!   So me and my messed up brain will be going now ;o)

Have a fabulous day!



What's In It?
Stamps:  (Verve) Proverbs 31:28 Plain Jane

Paper: My Little Shoe Box DP, Basic Grey, Cream Linen, Not Quite Navy, Kraft
Ink: Black
Accessories: (Verve) Flutterby Butterfly Die, Labels 8 Nesties, (PTI) Medium Scallop Die, Crimper, 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon, Button, Twine, Glue Dot, Half Pearls, Dimensionals

21 comments:

Andrea Ewen said...

WooHoo!!! I'm so proud to call you Diva Sistah!!! Congratulations, my dear...it is no wonder that you won with that gorgeous creation! You are gonna love this job, it's the most 'funnest' work you'll ever do!
This card is a beauty as well, love the mix of colors and the kraft sentiment panel exhibits those fabulous words perfectly!
Yay, YAY...I'm so happy for you!!!

Bonnie said...

Congratulations Marisa! I have no doubt that your DT card will be among my favorties!

TannyP said...

WAHOOOOOO! CONGRATULATIONS! =) So excited to see what you do this month....I can't think of anyone I'd love to see as a Guest Diva more!

Beautiful card! The papers are lovely and sketch is perfect. Love that ribbon!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

THAT is AWESOME news, Marisa! I'm so happy for you! I know how much you love Verve. :) This is a dream come true for you, and the card that got you there is so beautiful, with all those yellow butterflies dancing in a circle.

This card has the coolest dp! And of course, a wonderful butterfly. Have fun, Diva!

Benzi said...

Congrats, Marisa! And, I see your winning card had a lot of those awesome butterflies that you love. Good for you.
This is another one of your gorgeous cards...love it with the verse.

Debbie Carriere said...

Woo, hoo!!!! Congrats Marisa! I actually cheered out loud for you. You will have a blast & I know you will do wonderfully. This card is wonderful! I like the kraft panel & you worked the sketch perfectly :)

Wanda Cullen said...

YES! You are so deserving of a guest diva spot...it's about time - lol! You're a faithful user of Verve goodies and I can see why they chose you - your butterfly card was gorgeous! Congrats and enjoy - you ARE worthy!

Heather S. said...

Way to go my Punchie Pal! So delighted for you - I can hardly wait to see what you create. "Little old you" has every bit as much of that crazy talent as your Diva counterparts. You're perfect for this! Hugs to you! :)

TrishG said...

So beautiful, Marisa.
Congrats on the guest Verve spot. You'll do a super job!

Emily Keaton said...

CONGRATULATIONS, Marisa!! What fabulous news--you totally deserve your Guest Diva spot. You will rock it, for sure. Can't wait to see what you create!! Have fun. :D

Lou Mac said...

Congrats on the Guest spot - richly deserved!! I'm loving this card - so gorgeous. Your bow is perfect, as always!

Crystal said...

Gorgeous Marissa, this is FABULOUS, I SOOOOOO LOVE your take on this sketch!!!

Unknown said...

Quite right too!! They are SO lucky to have you Sweety! You will be BRILLIANT and I look forward to seeing (and ogling), what you create for us! Congratulations! xxxx

Carol Hurlock said...

Congratulations Marisa-you are such a talented designer, it is no wonder you won a spot on the team. I am so proud of you. You will do a fine job with your gorgeous cards that just ooze with sweetness. This one is exceptional. I love the crimped butterfly. Now go have fun and show us your stuff!!!

Linda Callahan said...

Congrats girl! You rock - I am delighted for you - you have a beautiful style and one amazingly creative gene :)

Christina said...

I'm so incredibly excited for you, Marisa! Congratulations, girl! You will be a fabulous Guest Diva.

I'm loving the color combo you've got going on this card, especially the kraft sentiment panel! Awesome work with this sketch, my friend!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

The crimped blue butterfly really caught my eye on this lovely and pretty creation, Marisa! CONGRATS on being selected as a Guest Diva for Verve!

Dawn B. said...

You ARE so deserving. You will rock my friend. No worries. This is beautiful. Can't wait to see what you create..

Lee-Anne said...

Ooh, congratulations Marisa. That is fantastic news. I always love seeing all your gorgeous Verve designs so can't wait to see what you come up with in August. This card is gorgeous, beautiful colours and I love that you used Kraft for your stamped verse...just perfect!

Stacy Morgan said...

Whohooo.. Congrats girlie! Although I think you should be on the DT perm. since your work is awesome and you have been so devoted in the challenges. hee hee Very cool and great card that won the spot.

ChristineCreations said...

Well Congratulations Marisa! I know you love Verve so I hope you have a WONDERFUL time! Fun card too!