Monday, January 23, 2012

Monochromatic Love




Loved this sketch by Verve Diva, Teresa.  Perfect for another Valentine's Day card....surprise, surprise LOL!

I'm still addicted to the Verve "U" die so I just had to use it again on this card.  I created the background on the blushing bride paper by stamping the love sentiment from Verve's You And I set and heat embossed it so it would show up a bit more.

This PTI doily die was a great one to layer on and a touch of ruffled ribbon finished things off.

I had a wonderful birthday weekend :)  Got to sleep in on Saturday till 9:00 a.m. (3 hours later than mid-week), had lots of phone calls (probably spent 2 hours on the phone when it was all said and done), lots of birthday wishes on Facebook, my daughter played amazingly well at her piano recital and won the gold medal for the scale competition, we had sushi for dinner (ymmmm!!), the family got me 50 long stemmed roses and hubby got me a Kindle Fire.   Think I'm ready to tackle the 50's full force now LOL! 

Have a great day and thank you for sharing my birthday with me via this blog too :)  Loved reading your comments.


 

What's In It?
Stamps:  Love Notes and You and I (Verve) 
Paper:  Blushing Bride, Pretty in Pink, Dots and Stripes (Echo Park), Gracie - Bubble Gum (Dream Street), Silver, Kraft 
Ink: Black, VersaMark 
Accessories:  Doily Die (PTI), Heart Nesties, I Heart You Die (Verve), 5/8" Regal Rose Grosgrain Ribbon, Double Sided Sticky Tape, Silver Twine, Button, Glue Dot, Dimensionals

24 comments:

Unknown said...

It's gorgeous Marisa!! xxx

Robbie said...

Love this! Looks like I'm gonna have to get this "U" die. Seen it several times and I want it every time. I'm taking it as though I need it, ha!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh I'm glad you had a wonderful birthday weekend! That's how they should be!!!

Your card is awesome! I LOVE that U too!!! Have it on my table and want to use it again soon!

Andrea Ewen said...

Beautiful! Love the shades of pink, that fabulous die and the awesome ribbon treatment! Fantastic take on Teresa's sketch!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Gorgeous!! So pretty~

Emily Keaton said...

So glad you had a monumental weekend to celebrate that milestone birthday, Marisa!! Sounds like you got to do a lot of your fave things. Yay! This card is darling--I do love me some pink. :D

Bonnie said...

I love the die, the paper and the beautiful pinks on this card! I hope you had a wonderful birthday.

Maureen said...

what a gorgeous vision in pink!! Love those PTI doilies...you can make one in any colour! So glad you had a great birthday...I"m a big birthday celebrator and am always happy to hear when people enjoy theirs :)

Tricia T said...

I'm so glad that you had a good birthday, Marisa! Your card is just beautiful. I love the ruffled ribbon!!

Tanya said...

This is gorgeous! I love all of the pink, the scrunchy ribbon, and the U, it's my favorite Verve die.

Christina said...

First of all, how did I miss your big day? Happy belated birthday, Marisa! I guess I've been more out of the loop than I knew!
Second, your card is GORGEOUS! I don't normally go for much pink, but I love this!

Benzi said...

Beautiful card...love the dots! Bet I've told you that before.

So glad you had a great birthday. Congrats to your daughter on the gold medal award. Life is good.

Crystal said...

BEAUTIFUL Marisa, LOVE LOVE that ribbon, such a gorgeous designed card!

Dawn B. said...

Marisa this is amazing. I just love the layers on this card. I can see why you like that die. It is fun. Great job on this card.

Silke Ledlow said...

Totally fabbo card GF! The colors are awesome and what a perfect take on the sketch :) !!! Hugs ~S~

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful sweet Valentine! And belated Happy Birthday Wishes! Enjoy the 50's - remember it's the rock 'n roll years :)

nwilliams6 said...

Happy late birthday Marisa. Welcome to the 50's - it is not so bad - they know us here. LOL! You look great and you have an awesome attitude so you will totally live then to the fullest. A Kindle Fire, roses, and sushi - what more could a girl ask for.

I would never have thought that a "U" die could be used to make so many gorgess cards but you keep cranking out some beautiful cards with it. I am starting to think that I need the "U" die! This pink card is so lovely and so full of wonderful details. Awesome work as usual.

Late Happy Birthday Hugz!

Debbie Carriere said...

Beautiful!! Love the colors, the ribbon treatment, and that doily!!! Lovely card!

Jodi Collins said...

This is SOOOOOOOOOO gorgeous Marisa! LOVE how wonderfully all the elements work together on this! GORGEOUS!

Anonymous said...

so funny when I jumped in and saw your card with the DOILY IN BACK of the heart LOL Beautiful and the colors and background paper are great!

Debi said...

Your card is lovely! Thank you for playing along with the Papertake Weekly challenge.

Stacy Morgan said...

First happy belated birthday. Sounds like your family spoiled you and you had a great time. Congrats to your DD on the gold award, that is awesome.
Your card is too cute. I am horrible with the letters and you make it look so easy. Darling card.

TannyP said...

Sounds like a BIG win this weekend =) That doily is gorgeous and the papers are fabulous. I need to get using some of my awesome goodies! You've got my mojo going....now to find time =)

Carol Hurlock said...

Trying to catch up on comments here and I could have sworn I commented on this. But my brain sometimes is like a sieve!!!lol It may have been on SCS. hahaha This is darling. I love how you tied the gold cording around the letter. What a fun creative idea. Beautiful card Marisa!