Thursday, June 7, 2012

Retro Sketch 14



This week's Retro Sketch is fabulous for a CAS card.  I took the sketch very literally - no need to ask me if I want to use a butterfly on a card LOL!  Bonus: it qualifies for this week's  Crazy for Challenges.

Found a great Recollections paper pack at Michael's and this paper came from it.  A pink and green color combo in any hue makes me happy so this card was great fun to work on :)

Just love the script of this Stampin' Up sentiment and it was the perfect fit for this card.  Kept wanting to add something to either the top left or top right corners and finally settled on rounding the right corner.

Thanks for sharing a part of your day with me!

 

What's In It? 
Stamps: Best Yet (Stampin' Up)
Paper:  Recollections DP, Mellow Moss, Rose Romance, Pretty in Pink 
Ink:  Black
Accessories:  Sizzix Butterfly Die (SU), Button, Twine, Glue Dots, Dimensionals

19 comments:

Unknown said...

You've done that sketch proud Marisa!
LOVE the pink and green too! xxx

stampinganja said...

Love it! Perfect card! I so adore your style, you put it together so nicely, thanks for sharing!

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous! Green & pink are some of my favorite colors together and this paper is delightful!

Vicki Dutcher said...

This is so awesome! That color combo is gorgeous!

TannyP said...

Such a lovely color combination and your butterflies are perfect. I, too, love that sentiment =)

Wanda Cullen said...

Perfectly balanced card and love those corally pink shades of color!

Emily Keaton said...

Deeeeee-lightful! I'm always surprised by some of the awesome papers they have in the Recollections line at Michael's!! Those are so pretty. :)

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

A stunning CAS card Marisa - love the colour combination, and everything else too!

dj said...

Gorgeous!! Love your layered butterfly!! I need to add this retro sketch to my list of challenges...I always for get about it....but I love it!!

www.CardsPaperAndScrapbooks.com

Stacy Morgan said...

Delicate and pretty. I like all the white space and an easy peasy sketch too.

Maureen said...

'Tis the season of butterflies, that's for sure :) We had a sunny morning, but then the rain and grey came back :( Ah, those corrugated flowers on my card last night are actual corrugated flowers! I find the SB sleeves get squished in the big shot!

Silke Ledlow said...

Totally GORGEOUS GF!!! Hugs ~S~

nwilliams6 said...

Wow Marisa - this is beautiful. I love how your butterfly absolutely matches your papers - such great coordinating! I can just imagine how much paper you have at home because I have seen just about every color ever made on your beautiful cards. So cool!!!!

Jackie Rockwell said...

LOVE the bold crisp look—very pretty Marisa! So glad you played RetroSketches this week!!!

Benzi said...

That butterfly is a beauty, Marisa. I think the rounded corner was a perfect idea.

Dawn Easton said...

Another beauty!!!

Laurie said...

Hey friend! This is so pretty! I love the big butterflies that make such a great focal point! Thanks for playing along at RetroSketches!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Michael's has been putting forth some really nice Recollections products, haven't they? Love this paper, the sketch, those butterflies.

Andrea Ewen said...

What wonderfully coordinated paper with that butterfly! And you've layered it marvelously!