Monday, December 10, 2012

Mojo Monday #271

Mojo271

This week's sketch is brought to us by Teresa and has a lot of panels you can play with so if you like to layer your cards, here is your chance to shine.  If this isn't your normal style, it's a great opportunity to give it a try.

Since I had such fun making a Valentine's Day card on Saturday, I just had to make another one.  Might squeeze in one or two more Christmas cards, but overall, I think we have arrived at: exit snowflakes - enter hearts and "U" die :)

Pulled out some Yours Truly Echo Park papers and created my own patterns on the other panels with some background stamps.  If memory serves me correctly, this is the first time I have ever used Mauve Mist!

You can check out all the challenge details over on the  Mojo Monday blog and also get a chance to view all the wonderful Mojo Makers samples!  Should you wish more details on their cards, you can also visit their individual blogs noted below.



Hard to believe it is just two weeks until Christmas!!  Hope all your preparations are going well.  Have a fabulous day 

  

What's In It?

Stamps:   Love Notes (Verve), French Script and Beyond the Basics (Stampin' Up)

Paper:  Yours Truly (Echo Park)  Rose Romance, Pretty in Pink, Going Grey
Ink:  Black, Going Grey, Mauve Mist, VersaMark  
Accessories:  Scalloped Circle and Circle Nesties, Border Punch (Stampin' Up), I Heart "U" Die and Wavy Heart Die Sets (A Cut Above by Verve), Medium Scallop Die (PTI), 5/8" Sheer Burgundy Ribbon, Button, Twine, Glue Dots, Dimensionals 

26 comments:

Caroline said...

This is so gorgeous the layout and colours are beautiful. Caroline xxx

Lynn said...

I'm about to switch over the Valentine's! I love the gorgeous script paper you used.

Dawn Easton said...

Fantastic!!! I love that U!!! hehe! Those papers are some of my all time fave Valentines and I used them yesterday too! haha! GREAT layout!

Unknown said...

This one and your previous one are total stunners Marisa! If I need Valentines inspiration, I'll be straight round here! xxx

Vicki Dutcher said...

I look forward to seeing what you create on Mondays. You do such a great job at these sketches - today is no exception. Done with Christmas? :)

LeAnne said...

Love it....the panels are terrific, you've used the most wonderful papers! FUN and fresh!

scrappingnana said...

Very pretty card.
Yes, it is hard to believe Christmas is just 2 weeks away.
Have a blessed day.

Ravengirl said...

Cute card and fun sketch!

Maureen said...

fun papers and colours to show a special someone you love them. Lovely details :)

Linda Visser - van der Velden said...

Love it! Great colors and design!

Bobbie said...

so pretty and such gorgeous layers! Thanks for playing with HSS.

dj said...

Super Cute!! love the chunky heart and U !!

Carol Hurlock said...

You are such a natural for Mojo Monday. This card is darling. The papers and words are just so darn cute. Perfect in every way.
Bear Hugs,
Carol

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, I just love hearts! This is such a fabby card, Marisa!

Unknown said...

Wonderful, Marisa! Love all of your layers and sweet papers!

Erika Clark said...

There you go again, being all fabulous! I really like those big, bold elements. Thanks for playing at HSS! Erika

Teresa Kline said...

luv this Marisa, I need to use this set more often, thanks for the inspiration...have a super week!

enjoy *~*

Danni said...

So fun to see Valentine's day instead of the holiday cards I'm working on!! Great card!

Vickie Z said...

Fab use of the sketch and wonderful V-Day card!! I'm starting to think Valentine's myself!! Need to use that set more often!

Bada-Bing Creations said...

Again, with all the pink! Love! And great use of that sketch! Thanks for playing at HSS!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Love it that you're looking toward Valentine's day already. This card is beautiful. I love the heart papers and your wonderful use of the Verve dies.

Stacy Morgan said...

This is darling! Very sweet and perfect valentine.

nwilliams6 said...

Another wonderful card Marisa. I can't see anything MOJO anymore without thinking of you and your wonderful style. Great Valentine and great start to your wonderful Valentine cards (I still remember last year's). Hugz!

Mynn xx said...

Glad I'm not the only one already making Valentines! ;) This is fabulous and I LOVE your sentiment and giant u! :)

Bonnie said...

I like this one too! I love that ribbon! It's such a rich color and really pops with the design!

Christina said...

That "u" die was definitely made for....u. Sorry, couldn't help myself. :) This many layers would give me fits, but you always strike the right balance!