Thursday, January 24, 2013

Verve Thank You Card

Verve Jan 2013

This week's Verve sketch is a great one for using up some paper scraps, and I did just that.

Taking a break from Valentine's Day cards to use some wonderful fall colours from a paper pack at Michael's which is full of MME papers (Stella Rose, Gertie etc.).   I tried to make a frilly, punched border, but alas, my lack of math skills did me in once again as I couldn't work it out to get the spacing right.  So, clean, straight lines it was LOL!

Couldn't resist using my Flutterby butterfly die again and some rich chocolate for a pop of colour.  These colours just make me happy :)  To finish things off, I added some faux stitching down the paper panels.

Need to run as my daughter is in exam week at school and I need to quiz her on some things before taking her to one of her exams. Poor punkin is sick, so we are eagerly awaiting the end of exam week and looking forward to the weekend so she can just crash and get healthy.

Have a fabulous day!



What's In It?
Stamps: Lean on Me (Verve) French Script and All in A Row (Stampin' Up)
Paper: Mosaic Memories (Recollections), Early Espresso, Tan, Mellow Moss
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Black, Creamy Caramel
Accessories:  Flutterby Die and Recatangle Tag Die (A Cut Above by Verve), Crimper, 5/8" Brown Satin Ribbon, 1/4" Moss Grosgrain Ribbon, Buttons, Twine, Glue Dots, Dimensionals

22 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh no...hurry up Friday so that your daughter can rest!

The fall colors are gorgeous.I love the sweet little flowers with the polka dots.

Jackie Rockwell said...

Love the warm colors in this card Marisa! The chocolate brown ribbon is really pretty.

Marybeth said...

Such a pretty card Marisa! Love the papers you used on this, and that sweet butterfly.

Andrea Ewen said...

oohh, I love the colors on this one, too! So rich and earthy...and I see that the 'skewness factor' no longer seems to throw you a curve... :)
Hope your daughter feels better soon, it's no fun to have to draw on your brain power when your body power is running low. Hugs, my dear friend!

Benzi said...

So pretty, Marisa, in such wonderful colors and patterns. Cute b'fly.
Sorry about your daughter. Hope you don't get some nasty bug.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Wonderful pattern mixture!

Emily Keaton said...

That punch of orange is just what I needed to cheer me on this 0°F morning! I hear you on the quizzing bit with your daughter. No exam week here but we spent the evening prepping for a science test today.

Chris Dring said...

What a beautiful card! Love the colors and that crimped butterfly!

Maureen said...

those are some beautiful colours! That was a great series of papers :) Lovely use of the sketch this week!

Shelley said...

Love your color choices and scraps besides? Way to go! Hope your baby girl aces those exams and feels better soon!

Wanda Cullen said...

This is such a happy card in these warm colors! I really thought that stitching was REAL...surprised to read it was faux! Hope and pray your daughter feels better soon!

Anonymous said...

A beautiful card! I love the dark stiching!

Vickie Z said...

I love those MME papers!! Wonderful card! The faux stitching looks wonderful!! Hubs shoulder is doing good-lots easier than the first surgery in July!! Have to confess....worked on the Verve sketches last WE (determined to get them all done this month!) -had 3 of the 4 literally put together and this one laid out....just looked at your card and sketch and realized mine may be too far off- I was trying to use things from the Dec ones that I was never able to finish....sheesh :))

Bonnie said...

A perfect combination of papers, Marisa! I love how you've "stitched" them together.

Dawn Easton said...

Fabulous! Love that criss cross stitch! Your paper choices are awesome too....so rich and warm!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Fun papers and colours - great job on this sketch. I love seeing your crimped butterflies and hearts etc.
I hope your daughter makes it through her exams this week and feels better soon.

Stacy Morgan said...

Very pretty, great fall colors and I like the sitching.
I am with you on the crashing for the weekend. One of the twins is sick and hubby. Been a long week. Hope she feels better soon.

Patrice said...

What an inspiration...I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/01/52-card-pickup-24.html?m=1

nwilliams6 said...

Pretty layout and mix of papers on this pretty card Marisa - you continue to amaze me! Hugz!

Betty Wright said...

Love these rich colors, Marisa! Beautiful blend of the patterns and textures, too!

Christina said...

Gorgeous colors, Marisa, and I especially love how you pulled the pale green from the flower centers to use for your accents. Hope your daughter is feeling better!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Beautiful rich colors on this card, Marisa.
My DD just got finished with exams too! Hope yours feels better soon.