Thursday, February 7, 2013

CAS(e) This Sketch

Verve photo CASEpicA.jpg

Decided to play along with this week's CAS(E) this sketch.   I'm far from comfortable with CAS cards and my lack of expertise shows in spades.  That being said, the only way to see if I can improved is to dip my toe into the CAS pool to see if I can slowly progress in a forward motion - key words being forward and slowly LOL!  Thanks for hanging in there while I give it a whirl now and then :)

My "to be used later" pile is growing exponentially so I decided to pull out another butterfly die cut - sorry, it's getting to be that time of year where flowers and butterflies are front and foremost again :)

I fiddled with the colour combo and may have to give it another go as I don't think the butterfly has enough "pop".  Yes, the learning curve is steep LOL!

Thanks for visiting!

 

What's In It?
Stamps: Celebration of Thanks (Verve) 
Paper: Kraft, Cameo Coral, Early Espresso 
Ink: Black 
Accessories:  Flutterby Die (A Cut Above by Verve), Button, Twine, Glue Dot, Dimensionals

16 comments:

Andrea Ewen said...

A CAS delight, my dear...it's hard (I know) not to try to fill up those empty spaces...but your design works wonderfully! And I can never get sick of looking at sweet butterflies! Great job 'dipping' your feet...ah, you get to enjoy the pool in the winter-time too! :)

Vicki Dutcher said...

You rocked this!!

Benzi said...

Nice, clean, and crisp. I think you made a wonderful CAS card. The butterfly/button treatment is very pretty with the cheerful colors.

Maureen said...

CAS is very tricky! You can't hide behind ribbon and layers! But it's a fun process to learn. Hence my CAS online class and reading lots of blogs and PC magazines :) I think the butterfly pops perfectly on this :) We've had warm days, but still lots of snow on the ground. We may need more of your butterflies to bring on Spring.

Darlene Gabriel said...

I think you've done CAS perfectly here. I love the crimped butterfly and think it "pops" very well. Thanks for the reminder of spring even though here (Wpg) it seems like a far far way off. Maybe after our Hawaii trip I'll come back believing that Spring will come again;)

Jamie Martin said...

Oh so cute, nice and clean :)

Bonnie said...

Simple and sweet!

Ravengirl said...

Good for you Marisa! Keep at it! I don't try enough to get out of my comfort zone!

Dawn Easton said...

I see no issues with you and CAS cards! This turned out wonderfully! I struggle with them too. I think it takes me longer to do a CAS card than one with 5 layers of sewn cardstock/dp....lol

Christina said...

Can you tell I'm getting snowed in today and catching up on comments? :) I love it when you sneak over to play on the CAS side. I love the coral and blue combo for the butterfly and button--it draws your eye right to the sentiment!

Lee-Anne said...

CAS...yes...lack of expertise...NO! Marisa, you've definitely got the hang of CAS designs and it shows here. Nice pop of color from the butterfly and button...really draws your eye to the sentiment!

Anonymous said...

A stunning CAS creation Marisa - absolutely perfect!
xx

Stacy Morgan said...

I disagree and think you have a talent for CAS. This is darling and so is your butterfly, stack of leftover pile or not butterflies are always perfect. ;0)

Sari said...

Love this,you did a great job.

Denise Marzec said...

Awwwwwwwesome! Love the cool layout, especially with the pop of black.

Shelley said...

Had to giggle about your "to be used later" pile. I have one too. Once in a while I get a wild hair, get sick of looking at them and pitch everything! So, good for you...using them up!