Thursday, March 7, 2013

Sweet Sunday Sketch #179

SSSC - Verve photo SSSCpicA-1.jpg


It has been way too long since I've played along with Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge so it was time to rectify the issue.   Think the round circle sucked me in wink, wink.  Always love it when there is a big circle to play around with on a sketch as there are so many possibilities.  Since I loved this week's Colour Q I paired the two challenges for this card.  

Initially, I was aiming to use some leaves as these colours just scream fall, but then I decided to continue on with my inadvertent theme this week -  verses that have been turned into songs.

Psalm 46:10 is one of my favorite verses.  Think I've said the same thing about the verses I have used on my last two cards...what can I say...I have quite a few favorite verses :)  Love that Verve has them as Plain Janes!

This verse speaks to me often, especially when catch myself running on life's hamster wheel.  As a kid I used to love watching what happened when our hamsters could no longer run on their wheel due to exhaustion.  They couldn't get off because the wheel was spinning too quickly so they had to stop running, hang on for dear life, and let the momentum they had generated take them for a few loops around the wheel.  Once the wheel stopped, they were able to walk away.  Oh how true this is of real life!  Note to self:  Get off the wheel before you are exhausted so you don't get thrown for a loop ;)

There you have it, a little insight into my world.  Just don't think of me as a hamster very time you see my name and I'll be good LOL!

Have a great day everyone :) 


What's In It?
Stamps:  Psalm 46:10 Plain Jane (Verve Stamps) 
Paper:  Springtime (Echo Park), Mini Dot (Simple Stories), Kraft, Cameo Coral 
Ink:  Black 
Accessories:  Scalloped Trim Trio, Loopy Bloom and Banner Bundle Die Set (A Cut Above by Verve), Scalloped Circle and Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders),  Felt, Buttons, Twine, Glue Dots, Dimensionals

22 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Oh! Very pretty - love the bright colors together!

Mary Ann said...

Love your card,Very pretty sentiment...

Chris Dring said...

Yet another beautiful card Marisa! And no worries, I won't think of you as a hamster...too much! LOL!

Maureen said...

such a sweet little felt flower :) Those colours are great! Always good to slow down and just be :)

Ravengirl said...

I never had a hamster, but I'll bet that was a sight to see! Your card is lovely and that sketch is a good one!

Benzi said...

Marisa, this is beautiful. I love the verse (and the hamster insight). LOL Your colors are gorgeous and the sketch is awesome. I'll have to remember that one. A winner of a card!!

Michelle Woerner said...

Love this!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I love the colours, layout and verse.
xx

Lee-Anne said...

I had just clicked on the ColorQ blog before yours and wondered how to use the colors. Marisa, you certainly did an amazing job with them! Beautiful pairing of designer papers...simply gorgeous!

Kathy Bradley said...

Marisa,
Wow, very, very pretty and elegant. The colors are awesome!

Jen Mitchell said...

Gorgeous! I love the felt flower and the great mix of patterned paper! Thanks for joining us at colourQ!

Bonnie said...

Another wonderful scripture message on a beautiful card! Good advice for all of us, my friend! Thanks.

scrappingnana said...

So pretty. Love everything about your card, especially the verse.

Wanda Cullen said...

Beautiful card and one of my fave PJs! Great little life lesson with the hamster analogy!

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, Marisa, I love the felt flowers and all the twine bits! Thanks for sharing your card with us this week at the colourQ.

Stacy Morgan said...

A great reminder each and everyday! Very pretty.

Yapha Mason said...

What a lovely card. That felt is great. Great use of the colors! Thanks for playing at ColourQ!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

So lovely! Red and yellow together always make me smile.. and so do your cards! :)

Andrea Ewen said...

This is so pretty! Love those colors together!

Carol Hurlock said...

Love how you did the little banners in this layout. That is such a sweet touch. Cute card.
Bear Hugs,
Carol

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful card and I love the Verve border strip and the felt accents. Thank you for sharing with us this week at the colourQ!

N@ Ali said...

oh I just feel like an exhausted hamster these days! thank you for sharing your beautiful card with us at the colourQ ; )