Friday, August 16, 2013

Just Us Girls #202

JUGS 200 photo JUGS202PicA.jpg

This week's challenge is brought to us by Vicki and monochromatic blues it is to be!  I'm don't gravitate towards blue very often as it isn't a colour that does much for me, but love I must say, I had great fun making this card :)   That's why these challenges are so much fun, because they stretch you out of your comfort zone or your rut and it never ceases to amaze me what it causes one to create!

When I think of blue I think of a baby boy card, so that is the venue I pursued.  Love Verve's To The Moon set and this delightful Emery Plain Jane.  I used lots of embossing folders to add texture, paper pieced Emery twice, once for the body and one more time for his head to add extra dimension, and finished things off with a couple of blue buttons.   I must say, I am quite happy with the outcome :)

The rest of the  JUGS team has some wonderful samples to get your inspiration going, so head on over to the Just Us Girls blog, and check out what the Design Team has created.  Then put your creative genes to work and add your card/project to the challenge post on the JUGS blog for the chance to be chosen as the Chic of the Week.  

Going to be a quiet week on the blog next week as the kids and I are off to Summerland in the Okanagan Valley to do some camping with good friends of ours (will be waving to you Moe!).  Hubby is gladly staying home as he is not a camper and it's just moms with kids up there LOL!  Have a fabulous week everyone!

 

What's In It? 
Stamps:  Emery Plain Jane, To The Moon (Verve Stamps)  

Paper:  Night of Navy, Bordering Blue, Stampin' Up DSP (Stampin' Up)
Ink:  Black  
Accessories:   Seeing Spots Embossing Folder (Provo Craft), Hugs and Kisses Embossing Folder (Cricut), Crimper (Fiskars), Buttons, Twine, Glue Dots, Dimensionals

18 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Absolutely adorable Marisa!

Lynn said...

I hope you have a great time away Marisa. I'm sure it will be an amazing trip. Love your sweet little boy card!

Mary Ann said...

Very Pretty card!!!Love your image,Great color!!!

Unknown said...

You, my friend, can make the most pretty cards in whatever format is thrown at you! Why you don't 'do blue' is beyond me. As this card proves, you can take any colour and turn it into a gorgeous creation! xxx

Vicki Dutcher said...

So adorable! Love the paper pieced bear~ Have fun camping. :)

Benzi said...

Oh, this is precious. Love the dotted elephant and cute sentiment.
Have a great camping trip!

Maureen said...

oh, I just love that hugs and kisses embossing folder...so sweet. Are you at the Okanagan Provincial site? My family and I were there about 6 years ago...very nice! Be sure to check out Summerland sweets for some fabulous jams and syrup.

JoAnn said...

What a sweet baby boy card. Love your design and cute elephant.

Vicki Burdick said...

SO CUTE!!

Vickie Z said...

Adorable!! Love Emery!! Fab use of the blues!!

Basement Stamper said...

Great boys card, love the turned up corner.

Betty Wright said...

Love this adorable baby boy card! Great design and details, Marisa!

Lisa Kind said...

This is so adorable! Love the sentiment! Great job with the challenge!

nwilliams6 said...

This is soooo cute! I love the little elephant and the blues are beautiful and so well done. Hope you are having fun or had fun my friend! Hugz!

Sarah Gough said...

This is just so sweet Marisa!

Stacy Morgan said...

This is so adorable... sweet sweet baby card.

Elise said...

I'm DELIGHTED that you stretcheeeeed yourself to play with this color scheme, because ADORABLE popped right OUT! I agree with the challenge of being challenged... hee hee THAT'S why JUST US GIRLS is the BEST! Great job, sweet Marisa!

Carol Hurlock said...

Super sweet and adorable. I just love the little twine tied buttons on this beauty.
Bear hugs,
Carol