Monday, January 27, 2014

Mojo Monday #330

Mojo 330 photo Mojo330picA.jpg  

The ever creative Julee has come up with a new concept for the fourth week of Mojo Monday and I just love it!!  Sketches will be for "tall and skinny" cards  That means your card can be 3 1/2" x 5 1/2" so you can still use an A2 envelope, or your you could go with a 3 1/2" x 6" size (12 x12 cut in half) which fits a regular, business envelope.  Too much fun!

For my card, I pulled out my life verse Plain Jane: Phil 1:6. I was doing cartwheels when I saw Julee had put it in stamp form and still get teary eyed knowing that I can forever produce this fabulous verse on cards.  Thank you again, Julee!

The papers are from MME's In Bloom and I used red accents for pops of colour and a touch of bling to finish things off.

All the challenge details are over on the Mojo Monday blog and you can also view all the wonderful Mojo Makers samples.  Should you wish more details on the Mojo Maker's cards, you can also visit their individual blogs noted below.  
 

Thanks for popping by today.  Hope you enjoy the new tall and skinny sketch as much as I did :)
 
 
What's In It?
Stamps:   Philippians 1:6 Plain Jane (Verve Stamps), French Script (Stampin' Up)
Paper:  In Bloom (My Mind's Eye), Real Red (Stampin' Up),  
Ink: Black  
Accessories: 
Flutterby Die (A Cut Above by Verve), Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Border Punch (Martha Stewart), Corner Rounder (Marvy), 5/8" Red Satin Ribbon (Michael's), Button, Twine, Glue Dots, Bling (Micheal's), Dimensionals 
 

23 comments:

Lynn said...

I feel spring in the air with this card or at least that is my wishful thinking! Gorgeous Marisa!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love the cute red bfly!

Unknown said...

That verse is so inspirational Marisa! As is your beautiful card. You really do interpret sketches beautifully. xxx

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Love the scripture verse.

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful bow Marisa, love the sentiment too!

Maureen said...

great pops of red and you've got the twine down to a T! Such an uplifting sentiment :)

Jodi Collins said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this!! Amazing sketch and verse, and I LOVE that button!!

Unknown said...

omg so beautiful card!!

Benzi said...

Gorgeous, Marisa! I LOVE the verse and that bling is so pretty.

Shelley said...

You did an amazing job with the sketch. The daisy button up top and the butterfly...I just love them!

cm said...

You've showcased this inspiring verse beautifully! From the papers, to the layout, to the images (button butterfly: adore!): a gorgeous canvas for your sentiment showcase. Stunning (I keep using this word to describe your cards, but...they are!!!)
c

Marlena M. said...

Such a great verse and layout Marisa!

Lisa Kind said...

Love the new tall and skinny at MM! Never cared for the round ones! And I love your card especially the butterfly and bow! Very pretty!

Audrey Hiltke said...

Hi Marisa - stopped by to say Hi and tell you how beautiful creation! Love this verse - and your wonderful papers and colors. Hugs and Blessings!
Audrey

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful card, Marisa! Love the clean crisp color combo and design!

Dawn B. said...

This is a beautiful card. I love all the layers. That is something that I struggle with. This is a great starting point. Fantastic verse too. One of my favorites.

Greta said...

That was one of my mom's favorite verses & you've made a gorgeous card around it!

Susan (rainy) said...

Oh Marisa! I LOVE your interpretation of this sketch. What a gorgeous card and beautiful sentiment.

Ravengirl said...

Love this beautiful card!

Lee-Anne said...

Beautifully done, Marisa! What a gorgeous red bow!

Ginger said...

Beautiful card, and the sentiment touched my heart!

nwilliams6 said...

Inspiring sentiment and such a positive and beautiful card. Your cards are always so positive though - and sweet, sweet, sweet. Hugz - lots of them!

Melody said...

Love the shape of the card and the pretty color combo.