Friday, March 7, 2014

Just Us Girls #231 - Technique Challenge

JUGS 231 photo JUGS231jpicA.jpg

Sharyn has found a great technique for us to use this week - the Weathered Wood Background.  Here's a video clip showing you how to use it:   http://stamptv.ning.com/video/weathered-wood-background.  It's a super quick and easy technique and the sky is the limit as far as what colour "weathered wood" you want to make.

With St. Patrick's Day coming up, I decided green wood would be perfect.  Gable Green and Green Galore were my two colours of choice, and they created a very bright green background!  Yikes!! I love green but this may be too much for me, not to mention any Irish friend of mine LOL!  Gotta go out on a limb every once in a while even if you crash and burn. 

Used this week's MFT sketch and I love how the black trim brings out the green and makes the black pop. The shamrocks are from Verve's Lucky You set and I used the matching Shamrock die set.

The rest of the  JUGS team, along with our March Guest Designer Calypso Basitan, have some wonderful samples to get your inspiration going, so head on over to the Just Us Girls blog and check out what they've created.  Then put your creative genes to work and add your card/project to the challenge post on the JUGS blog for the chance to be chosen as the Chic of the Week.  Plus if you are chosen as Chic of the Week, you could be invited to be a Guest Designer.  

Another busy weekend for us - can Spring Break come soon enough?!  Hope yours is a little quieter than ours will be.  Enjoy! 

 
 

What's In It?
Stamps:   Lucky You (Verve Stamps)
Paper:  Black and Kraft  
Ink:  Gable Green, Green Galore, Black (Stampin' Up)
Accessories: 
Shamrock Die Set (A Cut Above by Verve), Stitched Circle Dies (Lil' Inker Designs), Scalloped Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Buttons, Twine, Glue Dots, Dimensionals

20 comments:

Stacy Morgan said...

How cute, that is a fun sentiment too. We have another month before we have spring break. But kids have been off the last 2 days for teacher workshops.

Sarah Gough said...

Your card made me realise I don't use green often, this is lovely Marisa!

Lynn said...

Luck of the Irish...this card is perfect Marisa!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love that lime! :)

nwilliams6 said...

Such a great St. Pat's day card and sentiment. Love the shamrocks. Makes me want some Irish stew! Have a great weekend. Hugz!

Benzi said...

I do love those shamrocks...no crash and burn here. Wonderful 'Green' card.

Maureen said...

now that's the way to start celebrating the 17th. At first I thought you used my sketch for next week! LOL

JoAnn said...

Great card. Love your green "weathered wood" and the cute shamrocks.

Susan (rainy) said...

What an awesome technique.. LOVE your weathered green background. Fun card for St. Pat's!

Sharyn Polesel said...

I love the green....very Irish! I think I'm going to have to buy those shamrocks....so cute. Great take on the challenge.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I think that green wood looks fantastic! Love the touches of black and the sentiment stamped on the draft. The buttons tied with baker's twine are the perfect finishing touches.

Tracey McNeely said...

Verve fabulous Marisa! Love this one.

Carol Hurlock said...

Marisa this is gorgeous and I love that technique. Your work is always so beautiful and I love to see what you make. I am sorry I have been MIA-my son bought a house that we have been working on, I lost a very special friend of 22 years, and my Mom is having issues. I just have felt myself. I hope to get back into the swing of thing as I have missed visiting.
Bear Hugs,
Carol

Lee-Anne said...

Love the shades of green! Fab card!

Betty Wright said...

Love the background effect! Great card, Marisa!

cm said...

No 'crash and burn' here in any way, Marisa! Your card is absolutely gorgeous! The technique (I watched the video) is one you've worked magic with, and the three clovers are simply darling! Anyone - Irish or not - would be beaming with joy if this arrived in their mailbox! So delightful!
c

Bonnie said...

I love this green siding and the shamrocks. I need to make some St. Pat's cards. Eek! I'm running out of time!

Ravengirl said...

Love this fun card! Only two weeks for us until Spring Break. I'm sure that the time will speed by!

Nancy said...

Love those shamrocks and your wood panel came out perfect! I am so looking forward to Spring Break as well Marisa!

Lisa Kind said...

Lucky to have you on our team! This is so lovely! I really love the green wood! Happy St. Patty's Day!