Friday, August 29, 2014

Just Us Girls #256 - Wild Card

JUGS 256 photo JUGS256pic.jpg

Today is a bitter sweet day.  I get to host today's challenge, which is always fun, but it will also be my last challenge as a Just Us Girls Design Team member.
 
With  my new, part time job, filling in at hubby's office the days I'm not working there, and mom requiring more of my time as she recovers from her fall and gains her strength back, not to mention dearly missing regular workouts, there are just not enough hours in a day get everything done.  It has been a wonderful couple of years and I will definitely miss working alongside all the wonderful and talented ladies on this team.

Now on to the challenge!  It has been forever since I made a round card, so that was my shape of choice for this challenge.   I needed a sympathy friend for a friend who just lost their father the new Framed Florals being release by Verve Stamps tomorrow was a perfect fit.  Best part is the bluebells have a matching die!

The rest of the  JUGS team along with our fabulous August Guest Designer, Kristie, have some wonderful samples to get your inspiration going. So head on over to the Just Us Girls blog and check out what they've created.  Simply create a card and link it up to the JUGS blog for a chance to be chosen as the Chic of the Week.  Remember, if you are chosen as Chic of the Week, you could be invited to be a Guest.

Have a great weekend!  Mine will be busy.  My son is in another soccer tournament and we also have a wedding to attend.  Think Labour Day Monday will be a very low key day for all of us LOL!

Challenges:  Simon Says
                    The Pink Elephant




What's In It?
Stamps: Framed Florals (Verve Stamps), French Script (Stampin' Up)

Paper:  Ballet Blue, Kraft, So Saffron (Stampin' Up)
Ink:  Black, Ballet Blue, VersaMark (Stampin' Up)
Accessories:  Bluebells Die (A Cut Above by Verve), Scalloped Circle and Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders),  Butterfly Punch (Martha Stewart), Twine, Button, Black Half Pearls, Glue Dots, Dimensionals 

19 comments:

Sue VanDeVusse said...

What a beautiful, soothing sympathy card! Love your design and colors. Very appropriate for your last week with us, so sad. I am going to miss you here at JUGS!

Lynn said...

Oh you will be missed at Just Us Girls Marisa! You have and I'm sure when time allows will continue to be a family designer for them. Love your challenge today. So fun to get out of our comfort zone!

Cheryl said...

Great challenge this week, Marisa, and I love your card! I always forget to make the shaped cards and this was a great reminder to think out of the box.
I'm sorry to hear you're leaving the team, but family and work are so important. All the best!

~amy~ said...

Your shaped card is wonderful...there aren't enough hours in the day, are there?!

Kristie Goulet said...

Beautiful sympathy card, Marisa. Sorry for the need. I will miss seeing your JUGS cards but totally understand. It has been great being a Guest Designer this month. Thank you for all your sweet comments. xx

Kim S said...

It's so sad when life gets in the way of our fun. But we have to keep cardmaking a hobby and when life gets overwhelming,it's even more important that the hobby stay a hobby and continue to be fun!

This card is lovely. The colors are gorgeous with the lovely blues and soft yellows on kraft. And I love the mix of square elements and round card.

Sharyn Polesel said...

Marisa I really hate to see you go. I have appreciated so much your kind comments and support with Just Us Girls and helping me pick out which Verve stamps to buy. (which turned out to be quite a list. lol) I will be working on that for some time to come. Wishing you all the best and hoping you will pop into JUGS when you have a chance. Your card is lovely, as usual! Love the shape and sweet, delicate flowers. You are an amazing talent!

JoAnn said...

Gorgeous round card. Love the pretty bluebells.
Sorry you will be leaving the JUGS DT. I hope your mother is doing o.k.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Cute round card. Hey mf, it's been fabulous creating with you at JUGS! You sure will be missed - I hope you visit us as a player when you get some time :)

Lisa Kind said...

So sad that this is your last post as a JUGs designer. But life comes first and yours always seemed so busy (good busy!). You will definitely be missed!

Your card is beautiful as always. Love the round shape and that great image!

Take care and don't be a stranger!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card. I'm really liking what I see with this set.

Maureen said...

what a beautiful card to go out with..love the blues :)

D- said...

LOVE it. What a sweet card. Thanks for sharing.
Crafty hugs,
D~
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

Nancy said...

This gorgeous card is perfect as it represents how we feel that your leaving JUGS! We so understand that family comes first but you will be sorely missed! Please keep in touch! Take care!!

Darlene Gabriel said...

This is beautiful Marisa. I love these Bluebells and paired with yellow is the best combo.

Betty Wright said...

This is wonderful! I can hardly wait to use these flowers! I will definitely miss your JUGS creations, but I so understand needing to prioritize the important things/people in life!

Caryn said...

What a fabulous card. I love the image and the colours you've used. Thanks so much for playing along this week at Simon Says Stamp and good luck in the prize draw.
Hugs,
Caryn xxx

cm said...

A lovely, thoughtful, heart-warming sympathy card, Marisa. Your friend will find comfort in it. I'm sorry to see that you're leaving JUGS, but given all the demands placed on your time and energy, totally support your decision. You have plenty on your plate; I marvel at your ability to juggle so many things! I have one job, two DTs and one husband to navigate my way through - and I can barely keep up *grin* On the plus side; you've left with a fabulous challenge and we know you'll still be creating and sharing your cards here! Yayyy...Hope your have an enjoyable low key Monday!
Hugs~c

Pamellia said...

What a lovely card! The scalloped circle frame makes such a great base and I just love the blues and yellows together! :)