Monday, February 16, 2015

Mojo Monday #385

Mojo 385 photo Mojo385pic.jpg

Adore the diagonal line Julee added to this sketch.  Such a great visual impact.  She is the queen of sketches indeed!

I pulled out one of my favorite MME paper pads, In Bloom (yes, I bought a second backup one wink, wink), as I wanted to create a card with a soft feel to it.  With spring around the corner - at least here on the West Coast as winter never really arrived and my daffodils and tulips are three inches plus out of the ground already - I couldn't resist using my beloved Flutterby buttefly die.  Happy sigh...{grin}.  The sentiment is from Bloom and Grow, and I just love it.  So important to tell people what they mean to you when you have the chance to do it!

All the challenge details are over on the Mojo Monday blog and you can also view all the wonderful Mojo Makers samples.  Should you wish more details on the Mojo Maker's cards, you can also visit their individual blogs noted below.



Kids switched semesters at school this week so they are adjusting to new classes, work loads, schedules etc. and are pretty wrung out after the first week.  Remember hating the first few days of class when teachers reviewed the class syllabus and I thought there is no way you could get through all that in just a semester.  Always took getting into the rhythm of the classes, figuring out how your teachers taught and what they expected (or in some cases what you had to do to pass LOL), and then just digging in. 

 




What's In It?
Stamps:  Bloom and Grow (Verve Stamps)  
Paper:   In Bloom (My Mind's Eye), So Saffron, Going Grey, Cameo Coral (Stampin' Up)   
Ink:   Black  
Accessories:   Flutterby Die (A Cut Above by Verve), Scalloped Circle and Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Crimper (Fiskars), Buttons, Twine, Glue Dot, Dimensionals

18 comments:

Georgiana said...

Great job using that sketch! Love your style.

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Love the papers and the butterfly.
Have a wonderful week.

Cheri said...

Your card is stunning, Marisa. I love these papers too and you've inspired me to try this sketch challenge.

Maureen said...

that paper is so pretty...no wonder you love it. What a great sketch this week :)

Vicki Dutcher said...

Lovely card that sketch is a good one

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful card, Marisa! Love the mix of papers!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Marisa, this is gorgeous. What beautiful soft papers. This is a wonderful sentiment. It's fun to see your crimped butterfly starting to re-appear;)
I sure wish we could say our tulips and daffodils are "any" amount of inches out of the ground here, but that's not the case in Wpg:( Enjoy yours.

Wanda Cullen said...

Beautiful, soft color combo! Love your spring-like creation (as I'm watching the snow coming down outside like crazy here in VA!).

Jen Mitchell said...

Those papers really are lovely. They give such wonderful color and depth to this! Beautiful card!

DIANA L. said...

Beautiful Marisa, Thanks for the inspiration. Have a blessed day
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

Unknown said...

Stunning card Marisa. Love those elegant papers and the way you put it all together. xxx

cm said...

MARISA *waving wildly* My sweet friend, mega apologies for having fallen several posts behind in commenting *hanging head in shame*! I have, however, gazed at, admired and oohed and ahhed over each and every card as they appear in my Feedly! Again, your creative, innovative, thinking-out-side-the-box beauties dazzle and delight! I'm going to stand myself in the corner for a bit, then hopefully, get my act together to stay on top of your creations (blaming my tardiness on new work duties, travel, more travel, more work and overall scatteredness, as I try to adjust to life with a piece missing...). Thank you for understanding and for being such an AMAZING friend! Your card here is another gem, rich with eye-catching papers and images! Soooo pretty!
Hugs galore~c

Benzi said...

I love those beautiful papers for just as beautiful a card.

My daffodils are up for about three weeks now and we had an ice storm yesterday....go figure. The robins have all arrived and Spring is on the way. I couldn't be happier.

Vickie Z said...

Love that crimped butterfly and those papers!! Hope everyone is doing well! I read that you have plants sprouting...always throws me off...we had sleet last nite and you live so much father north. Hubs tells me it's a temperate rainforest area but, the north of me throws me off!

Bonnie said...

Beautiful papers, Marisa! If I could put papers together to look this good, I wouldn't have such a stash! You have a talent for putting them together beautifully!

Betty Wright said...

This is beautiful, Marisa! Love the colors, patterns, and details! Great card!

Stacy Morgan said...

Fabulous sentiment and great papers with the sketch. Glad you got a back up set. hee hee
We just had the parent huddle for the middle school last of the year events coming up. I can't believe its already close to the end of the third quarter, eek! I can say I wouldn't go back to school for nothing. And the boys are way different in their methodology of lockers and school books etc. I am learning how to let them juggle it their way and find what works. Over here I am in a daze wondering what are you thinking? LOL Anyways.... school fun yes... ha ha

Darnell said...

Marisa, you really excel at layering and patterns in your designs! You are my go-to gal for layering inspiration!! Your card is stunning!! Have a great weekend! Hugs, Darnell