Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Viva La Verve September Week 2 Sketch

VLV Sept 2015 Wk 2 photo VLVSept15Wk2pic.jpg

Charmaine provided this week's Viva La Verve sketch and today I am recapping it over on the Viva La Verve blog.

I don't use purple often but when I tripped across this lovely Basic Grey paper I wanted to focus on the purples.  Mind you, dark purple is not an easy colour to photograph - ugh!!  My butterfly looks black, but it is actually a deep plum colour, honest!

Phillippians1:6, now part of the Scripture Medley 3 stamp set, is my life verse, and oh how I love knowing that I can use it on a card any time because I have it in stamp form - thank you Julee!!   The corner needed a little something so I used the butterfly and leaves from the Butterfly Dreams die set to add a little interest.

You can see who I have spotlighted for this week's sketch as well as get some additional inspiration, over on the Viva La Verve blog.

Thanks for popping by today!




 



What's In It?
Stamps:   Scripture Medley 3 (Verve Stamps) 

Paper:  Basic Grey, Echo Park, Always Artichoke, Pale Plum, Perfect Plum (Stampin' Up) 
Ink:   Black  
Accessories:  Butterfly Dreams Die Set (A Cut Above by Verve), Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), 5/8" Saffron Satin Ribbon, White Half Pearl, Dimensionals

7 comments:

cm said...

Oh my, Marisa: gorgeous! You've created a lovely card with the colours and pairing of the flowers and polka-dots. Your butterfly is a deep, pretty purple on my screen...swooning!
~c

Vicki Dutcher said...

It's so fun to see the pattern combo you use -- this looks awesome~

janet said...

Love the use of scripture with the butterfly

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Just beautiful, Marisa! Love the colors and that sweet little buttery bow.

Betty Wright said...

This beautiful, Marisa! Fantastic colors, patterns, and details! Wonderful scripture card!

Donna said...

Pretty :)
I'm not one for purple either, but you are right... This background paper is stunning :)

SewPaperPaint said...

I just love this beautiful card and amazing promise! Gorgeous!