Friday, November 11, 2016

Viva La Verve November Sketch 1 Recap

VLV Nov 2106 Wk 1 photo VLVNov16Wk1pic.jpg

First of all, I want to thank every person who has served our country to give us freedom - many at the cost of their lives.  Freedom is a priceless commodity many of us take for granted at one point or another, myself included, and it is always good to reflect on the cost of that freedom and the privileges we have because of it.  If any of my readers serve, have served, have family members who have or currently serve our country, thank you!  Your sacrifice does not go unnoticed.

Now on to the recap of the first Viva La Verve sketch for November.  Julee has provided a nice, clean sketch that you can dress up or keep on the CAS  side.

I opted for another Christmas card as you can never have enough.  I used  the stocking image and two sentiments from Jolly Jingles, added gold half pearls to the stockings and twine across the top so they had something to "hang" on.  Quick and easy card.

You can get more inspiration over on the Viva La Verve blog as well as finding out which cards I spotlighted from the gallery.

Come and play along!  Each month someone wins some free Verve!







What's In It?
Stamps:   Jolly Jingles (Verve Stamps)
Paper:  I Believe (My Mind's Eye), Real Red (Stampin' Up)   
Ink:  Black
Accessories:  Winter Friends Die Set (A Cut Above by Verve), Scalloped Square and Square Nestabilities, Gold Half Pearls and Twine,  3/8" Olive Grosgrain Ribbon (Michael's), Button, Glue Dot, Dimensionals

2 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Marisa, you are so right about those who serve our country to give us freedom. My dad was in the Navy as was my dear husband, and I am grateful for their service...and all who have served. I also pray for those who currently are serving. I love this sketch and your beautiful (and sweet) card! I love these little stockings and really love the gold half pearls...adds just the right touch. Beautifully done with great DP. I love it, sweet friend! Hugs!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a fabulous card, Marisa! I just love those gold pearls on the stockings.