Thursday, December 15, 2016

Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge ~ Fa La La


Hard to believe we are at the end of another year of inspiration challenges!  Don't know about you, but this year has gone by so quickly, I am not sure it even happened!    Our final challenge for 2016 is a great opportunity to make a Christmas card in non-traditional colours, and that is what I did :)

 photo CCDec15pic2.jpg

I used some orange "graph paper" to tie in the square theme, added a pink Christmas tree as per the trees, some blue accents as per the cubbie colour, and a strip of gold as per the Christmas tree and fa la la writing on the wall, added a doily to dress things up a bit, and tossed in a snowflake just because I could {grin}.  Totally fun mix of colours that I wasn't sure about when I started but love together.

 FA LA LA

Guest Designer 
Bobby, Bits & Pieces

Hang in there during the final week before Christmas!!  I for one can't wait for some much needed down time after our very busy year.  With the kids getting older, and my mom in her eighties, I treasure every  moment we can spend together, creating family memories, and simply enjoying each others' company.  It's the best part of Christmas every year :)  





 

What's In It?
Paper:  Sunrise (Kaiser Kraft), Small Dots (Michael's), Brushed Gold, Cool Caribbean, Pretty in Pink (Stampin' Up)
Accessories:  Stitched Rectangles and Christmas Tree (Lil' Inker),  Wet Paint Christmas (PTI), Doily Die (Top Dog Dies), Snowflake Punch (Martha Stewart), Button, Twine, Glue Dot, Dimensionals

2 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Super pretty take on the inspiration photo!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such a pretty card Marisa. Love that sweet polka dot tree. Great layering with the doily and the other panels.