Saturday, July 8, 2017

Verve Release July 2017 Spotlight Hop ~ Day 2


Welcome back to Day 2 of Verve's July Release Spotlight Hops!  The Verve Divas and special guests are back for another day of spotlighting our new release! Everything previewed this week will be available to order in the Verve online shop on Monday, July 10. And if you just can't wait, you can pre-order our July Release Collection at a 25% discount through July 9!

Today we're sharing our first projects featuring the Happiness Is stamp set and coordinating Happiness in a Cup Die Set.

If you have come here from Charmaine's blog you are right on track.  If you just happened upon the Hop, check out the hop list below so you can get caught up.


 photo VRJul2017Day2picA.jpg

I just love this set!! So many fabulous sentiments, and as usual, Julee as worked her font magic!  Love the big, bold words and how you can pair sentiments or just one them individually.  So much flexibility with this set!  I used some earthy colours for this card as I always associate them with coffee. 

A fun story for you...I grew up in Costa Rica, a major coffee producing country even back then (cough, cough....yes I am feeling my age so it will remain unmentioned LOL).  The neighbouring property had a small coffee plantation on it and we used to jump the fence and pick the ripe coffee beans.  The pods they are in turn a lovely shade of dark read when they are ripe, and we would open the pod and then pop the beans in our mouth and suck the sugary substance around them off the beans and then spit the beans out (most likely contributing to the growth of some new coffee trees).

My father also figured out a way to retrofit steam turbines on to sugar mills and by doing so quadruple their production capacity.  Many of the sugar mills also had small side line of coffee and I remember them spreading the coffee beans out on huge concrete slabs to dry the "slime we used to eat LOL" off the coffee beans before they were either sold and shipped to a roasting facility or done on site.

 photo VRJul2017Day2picB.jpg

This second card is so me :)  I love reading, and I love coffee (although now I only drink decaf as I burned my adrenals out in my 30s at a high stress job) and if I can find a quiet corner with a good book and a nice cup of coffee I am a very happy lady.  I originally wanted to add the "a teensy bit of silence" between these two sentiments as that is nirvana {grin}, but with three bold sentiments one after the other, it was a bit overpowering.  Maybe I need to have a little card I can hold up with all three of them on it when I want just that on a weekend - ha!  May have to try it ;)


Want to win some shiny new Verve? We'll be picking a random commenter on one of the hop spots below to win today's featured products! So be sure to leave a little comment on all the blogs below to increase your chances! Check out the Verve Blog today for the full hop list, a little more about our new products and all the prize info and deadlines!

Happiness IsHappiness in a Cup Die Set

Day 2 Hop List
1. Julee7. Teresa
2. Kathy (Guest)8. Maureen
3. Sheri (Guest)9. Betty
4. Wanda (Guest)10. Christyne
5. Charmaine11. Laurie
6. Marisa12. Lesley

Time to head on over to Teresa's blog to see her fabulous creation - she always has such gorgeous cards!

      




First Card:
What's In It?
Stamps:   Happiness Is (Verve Stamps), Itty Bitty Pieces (Stampin' Up)
Paper: Stella and Rose (My Mind's Eye), Really Rust, More Mustard, (Stampin' Up)
Ink:  Black, Really Rust, Going Grey, More Mustard (Stampin' Up)
Accessories:  Happiness in a Cup, Heart Quartet (A Cut Above by Verve), Scalloped Circle and Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Twine, Button, Glue Dot, Dimensionals

Second Card:
What's In It?
Stamps:   Happiness Is (Verve Stamps) 
Paper:  Stella and Rose (My Mind's Eye), Real Red, Early Espresso (Stampin' Up)
Ink:  Black, Taken with Teal (Stampin' Up)
Accessories:  Happiness in a Cup, Heart Quartet (A Cut Above by Verve), Twine, White Half Pearls, Dimensionals

46 comments:

Hetty said...

Wow, both cards are great! I love my coffee when reading!

Sue Crease said...

Terrific cards rosemary and what a wonderful story too. I never knew they had a sticky coating on them.
X

Christine said...

Wonderful cards, Marisa! You always select such pretty papers. Love the touch of splatter, the adorned hearts and the curve element of you layout!

stampingbowd said...

It was fun to read your coffee memories!!! Your cards are so fun! I love the papers you used and the sentiments on this set is fabulous!!! I am with you on the second card. Coffee, teensy bit of silence and a really good book cannot be beaten!! I guess the card would have to be bigger to fit all that in OR a mixed media canvas to hang in your room!!! Imagine the possibilities!!!

Gloria said...

Love your cards. I have the coffee now to find a good book.

Andrea W said...

Both cards are terrific Marisa! I love the warm colors and twine detail.

Vivian Foo said...

Love both exciting cards.

Denise Bryant said...

Pretty cards! Lovin' this Happiness Is set!

Arianna Barbara said...

Beautiful cards!!! I love so much all the details!!!

Carmela said...

Oh I just love these. The papers, hearts and cups go together so beautifully!! Wonderful and I love the sentiments with this set.

New Creations said...

Ahaa, Happiness is here, love both of your sweet inspiration!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Beautiful cards, Marisa! So fascinating about the coffee plants. Had no idea there was a sugary slime coating them! Now I'm feeling like I don't know nearly enough about my favorite drink. LOL When we went to Hawaii I wanted to tour the coffee plantation, but we didn't manage to fit it in. Still hoping to tour one someday.

Becca Yahrling said...

Love your story ... and never knew about "that slimy substance" on them. lol Your card is lovely and I quite agree with the sentiment.

Dee Earnshaw said...

Love the different layouts of your cards. Very inspiring:)

JoAnn said...

Beautiful cards. Enjoyed your story and I didn't know about "that slimy substance" either. Very interesting.

Teresa Doyle said...

Oh these new sets are awesome. Marisa, your cards are wonderful and I agree, a good book and a "cuppa" is just plain heaven...Oh, and the silence! LOL

Rosemary said...

both cards are fabulous!! what wonderful memories you have of growing up in costa rica!

lisa808 said...

Pretty card designs.

Janis said...

I enjoyed your fun stories and I love your pretty cards. The bright floral prints on the edge look wonderful with the other elements of your cards.
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Stacey Kowbel said...

Fantastic cards!

Cheryl S. said...

Two great layouts for these wonderful stamps!

Mary Holshouser said...

Wonderful cards.
I think the second is my favorite.
Love the way the paper is cut.
thanks for sharing.

Wanda Cullen said...

Enjoyed your little story about Costa Rica and the coffee experience there. Will have to ask my BIL about his time in that country and see if he has any coffee stories! Your cards are both a beautiful take on this new set!

Susan Powell said...

I love the sentiments in this set! Your cards are great!

DonnaMundinger said...

Really enjoyed your stories and interesting coffee facts. Again gorgeous cards and I particularly love the texture on that coffee cup stamp you used. Fabulous! xxD

Vickie Z said...

Wonderful cards...yes, happiness is a big ole' cup of coffee!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Awesome designs, love them both!

Sue D said...

Cute card designs. I like the addition of the hearts and twine.

Betty Wright said...

Great designs, Marisa!

McStamper said...

great cards. Love the designs and patterned papers.

Dorothy S said...

Lovely cards - I like those coffee cups!

CarlavdM said...

Ooohhh....two lovely cards...I like both of them

~amy~ said...

These are wonderful...I love this new set!

Dori Shelton said...

LOVE your cards! They are just perfectly delightful in every way!

Marianne said...

What a great way to showcase this wonderful stamp set.

Karen Day said...

I do love this distressed coffee mug image! Both of your cards are so warm & lovely :o)

CherylQuilts said...

Ah, yes! I love a good book, and warm drink of tea, and silence. Makes me happy and gives me peace. Beautiful cards, Marisa! I love your layouts with some DP (I have so much that I need to use, and these are great inspiration). Hugs! xoxo

D.Ann C said...

What a fun pair of cards with these great sentiments!

Super Stick Chick said...

Fabulous cards, loving the twin cups.

Tina Z. said...

amazing design!

Valerija said...

So pretty and detailed!

Tink said...

Great cards!

Karenladd said...

Both of your cards are gorgeous but I especially love the papers you used, and the colors, in your first one. Those little hearts add the perfect accent.

Judy1223 said...

WOW and WOW! I love both of these cards so much! Pinned forever! :)

Sheri Gilson said...

Very happy cards! Love the both!

Carolyn Sharkas said...

Love your cards, they are very happy and so gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing them.