Saturday, December 12, 2009

Verve Thank You




It was wonderful to have another square sketch to work with.  I always enjoy making square cards and quite often find them easier to "balance" than your standard A2 size.  I had the Bethlehem image I used on my last card in mind, but realized it was too big for this sketch unless I made a 6 x 6 card.  Since I have no envelopes for that size card, it was a no go.  Instead, I opted to make a sentiment card so I could use more of my new Verve stamps :D

Back to the Costco DP pack I went and found this lovely rose paper which unfortunately gets quite covered up on the card. The DP matched up fabulously with Always Artichoke and Rose Red - score :D  I  really wanted to use some of my new Verve flourishes on either end of the sentiment, but my panel was too short to fit them in so I just layered the sentiment instead.  I finished things off with some lovely, sheer, yellow ribbon and brown half pearls on the sentiment and on the bottom left corner of the card to balance off the bow.

That's it for today.  Enjoy your weekend and hope you are getting closer to being ready for Christmas.





What's In It?
Stamps:  Verve
Paper:  Always Artichoke, Red Rose, Tan, Costco DP
Ink:  Chocolate Chip
Accessories:  Scalloped Circle Nesties, Brown Half Pearls, 5/8" Sheer Yellow Ribbon, Dimensionals

9 comments:

Maureen said...

great colour combo and that ribbon is delicious!! I really like the look of sheer ribbon...so soft and lets you see the beautiful paper! We just got back from our out of town Christmas party and I've got to get some more cards made today...Chrismtas is creeping up on us!!

Denise Marzec said...

Totally GORGEOUS, Marisa! Love that sheer ribbon!

ChristineCreations said...

Oh what a pretty card! Great use of that layout. Pretty colors too. ...and oh I see your beautiful green out the window...you would not believe how much snow we have! It's very Christmasy here!

Holly aka Toy said...

Fabulous, Marisa! I have finally taken a break from the studio tonight, so I thought I would peruse my favorite *peeps* blogs.

You are so inspiring!

Hugs!
Holly

Kristina said...

Gotta love Costco! The dp is really pretty, and how can you go wrong with green and pink together. I love teh sheer ribbon... It adds such a soft touch to the card. Beautiful job with the sketch!

Silke Ledlow said...

Simply GORGEOUS!!! I love the rich colors!!! I do love square cards too :)!!! Hugs ~S~

Stacy Morgan said...

Very pretty!

Dawn B. said...

Marisa this is so pretty. I love the color combo you used.. I would have never thought of these two together.. Hope you had a great weekend.

TannyP said...

Oh my, Marisa! You really know how to impress with those VLV sketches. Gorgeous work on this card - and those darn Verve stamps are calling my name even more =)