Saturday, March 6, 2010

Cherish Flowers

Verve's third release challenge is to make a card using these colours.  I decided to pair Wild Wassabi, Chocolate Chip and So Saffron with this CAS (clean and simple) Fall to Layout #76 that has been sitting on my desk for weeks now.  I have come across many cards made with this sketch and have loved every one of them.  The clincher that made me have to use this sketch today was seeing it yet again, this time showcasing one of Kristina's beautiful creations on her blog.  I flipped the sketch so everything would fit on my card and even left the background white panel as is. Very CAS indeed!  Two challenges down and three to go.

Off to mow the lawn now as we have had some amazing weather and the grass has decided to take advantage of it!! Think we passed about 25 people mowing their lawns today when we went out for our family walk/bike ride (kids bike hubby and I hoof it LOL!).  The cherry trees and magnolia trees are bursting into bloom, the sun is shining, the skies are blue, the birds are chirping - a postcard picture type of day :D  Hope your day has been as enjoyable.  Back soon with the next challenge.       





What's In It?
Paper: Wild Wassabi, Chocolate Chip, So Saffron
Accessories: Marvy Flower Punch, 5/8" Brown Satin Ribbon, Brads, Dimensionals

4 comments:

Stacey Schafer said...

super cute, Marisa! love that quad-panel:)

Laural-Lee said...

wonderful job with that sketch. Love your white space! Great use of those colours too.

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Stunning flowers and brad accents. Great job with the Verve spring fling challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Kristina said...

Oooh, I love what you've done with this sketch as well! That chocolate ribbon is absolutely yummy! I'm going to have to play with more of these sketches from now on. I love that they can be dressed up or down depending on my mood, lol.

Enjoy the gorgeous weather for me! We're drowning in rain down here this winter. But I love it. And I definitely prefer it to the summer heat that is inevitably going to come our way. Bleh!