Friday, May 14, 2010

Verve May Week 1 Inspiration Challenge



May brings a new month and that means we get to move to another room in the house for our inspiration pieces over at the Verve Forum challenges on SCS.  This month, Amber has taken us to "hobby rooms".  Some day I hope to have a dedicated hobby room but for now, I just wish mine looked as neat as some of the ones in the inspiration pictures LOL! 

For some reason, it took some doing to select an inspiration room this week, but I finally settled on this one.  I focused on the turquoise and green panel hanging on the wall that had the daisies on it which is  located at the right hand side of the wall (you can click on it to enlarge it if you like).  Figured these were colours I could work with and hey, it had flowers on it LOL!

Out came my trusty Martha Stewart daisy punch for the flowers and I scored the the green panel to form a diamond pattern as per the pattern on the wall hanging.  The three dots on the sketch gave me grief so I settled on using butterflies, though in hindsight I could have made the green panel longer and used some ribbon and a bow there - darn hindsight!  The butterflies were not doing it for me so I added butterfly trials, but not sure I like them.  Actually, I don't like them at all, but what is done is done and I'm going to have to live with it - LOL!

Wishing you a a fabulous day and I hope Spring has sprung in your neck of the woods like it has here.  My iris are in full bloom, as is the grace ward, and my rhodos are exploding.  Even better, I now have my hanging baskets on the deck so life is good :)   

Thanks for popping in today!  Back on Sunday with the new Curtain Call Colour Challenge.




What's In It?
Stamps:  Hero Arts
Paper:  So Saffron, Turquoise, Green
Accessories:  Martha Stewart Daisy and Butterfly Punch, 1/2" Circle Punch, Apron Lace Punch, Brown Half Pearls, Scor-Pal, Paper Piercer, Dimensionals

14 comments:

Stacy Morgan said...

Super cute and classy crisp. Great scored panel.

liz at liz's paper loft said...

so fresh and clean! reminds me of summer!

Kathy Martin said...

Oh my goodness, what a fresh and pretty card! :)

Alex said...

Soo soo pretty Marisa, so fresh and clean, reminds me of the first days of Spring! I really want to play along - love that inspiration room! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Renée said...

There's a lot of colour and pattern in that inspiration photo and I think you've done a wonderful job, Marisa! Love the butterflies and their trails :)

Denise Marzec said...

Love what you did with the sketch with the butterflies and pierced trails behind them.

Julie said...

This is gorgeous, Marisa!! I love the fresh spring colors!!

Maureen said...

nailed this one, Marisa!!! That green panel looks like a bulletin board...I love it!! Have a wonderful weekend...we are going away...and the interior is having hot weather!!! yahoo!!

JenMarie said...

Soo pretty!

Linda Callahan said...

Crisp and pretty! Love it - a perfect match for the room :)

Kathy Jones said...

Daisies, butterflies and bright, happy colours!!! What a wonderful birthday card and fabulous job with the challenge!!!

TannyP said...

Your butterfly trails are awesome. Great work with this challenge....you really have me wanting to get home and get crafting (or at least get some of that area organized so I can craft in the near future) =)

ChristineCreations said...

How pretty is this with the colors, scoring and the butterfly trail! Beautifully done Marisa!

Dawn B. said...

This is so full of spring Marisa.. I love your scored panel. Great idea. It seems funny to hear that your irises are blooming. Ours have come and gone several weeks ago. They weather here is so crazy this year.. Super job on your card.