Thursday, July 21, 2011

July's SFYTT



I decided I had better get this SFYTT card done before July sneaks away on me.  When in summer mode I don't pay that much attention to the calendar dates or even days of the week at times so best I do it now LOL!

The three circles brought to mind a group of three flowers so out came my Verve flower stamps and dies.  Have I told you recently how much I love my Verve flowers and the coordinating leaf and flower dies are amazing!

I started off with this scrap piece of Costco DP I tripped across and decided to  keep it on the black and white side with a pop of colour.  Lucky for me this also qualifies for the Play Date Cafe challenge this week - score!

I'm pretty happy with this card and it came together quite quickly which is always a bonus for me :)  Bonus: two posts this week!

Have a fabulous day and thanks for popping in for a visit.



What's In It?
Stamps: (Verve) Bloom and Grow
Paper:  Costco DP, Pretty in Pink, Going Grey
Ink: Going Grey, Black
Accessories:  (Verve) Elegant Leaves and Floral Circles Dies, Crimper, Twine, Button, Glue Dot, Half Pearls, Bling, Dimensionals

20 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

LOVE this card, Marisa!! You must have hoarded your mojo and poured it all into this beautiful creation! Gonna have to CASE this one!

Christina said...

Beautiful, Marisa! I'll have to break down and get those fabby dies someday!

Debbie Carriere said...

Marisa, this is beautiful! Love how your splashes of color really make those flowers pop!!! Great job with the sketch, too!

Vicki Burdick said...

This is gorgeous Marisa!!!

Benzi said...

Marisa, those flowers and leaves are very pretty and you've added just the right amount of bling. You haven't lost any of your MOJO while away.

Vickie Z said...

Whoa... Love the black/white and pop of pink!! Love the flowers/leaves... Making me want to get out that Verve set!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful sentiment and great use of the twine.
Love your card very much:-)

Susan (rainy) said...

Really beautiful, Marisa. Love the patterns and textures.

Unknown said...

I dunno how you do it Marisa, but boy am I glad that you do! I LOVE this card...but then, I love 'em ALL!
(As for my latest card, it's not me that's 50 sweety, it's a friend's nephew). I'm nearer 70 than 50..OMG!!! lol xxx

Carol Hurlock said...

Love this color combination. Black and pink always look so dynamite together. The flowers are bold and beautiful!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Oh, I'm so excited to see you play with us at The Cafe, Marisa!! You managed our 'splash' challenge just beautifully using pink. I know this'll please Miss Andrea, our resident pink-lover!

Emily Keaton said...

I have a weakness for pink/black/white--so this card really caught my eye, Marisa!! Your twine looks so sweet, and I love the look of your flower stamps/dies. Super work!

Kathy Jones said...

Gorgeous!!!! Love the colours, love the sentiment and love the crimped paper strip!! Reminds me that Mum gave me hers and I haven't used it yet!!! ACK!! Thanks for the inspiration!!! :)

Kristina said...

Marisa, I swooned when I first saw this card. GOR-GEOUS! Love that pop of color with the pink... And those flowers! Ah! This is a keeper card for sure (you know, that kind you never send to anyone because it's just too pretty! lol).

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous as always Marisa! I adore this colour combination and the flowers are beautiful. xx

Sue said...

This is AMAZING Marisa!! Gotta love Costco, the paper is perfect for the challenge, Black & white is always so elegant! :)

Fiona said...

Love the spots and flower combo Marisa :) Thanks for playing along at the Play Date Cafe!

Andrea Ewen said...

I see you're back in action, Mama! Smoke filled head...cleared...
Mojo filled head...check!
This is a beautiful card, I love how you designed those perfectly sweet Verve flowers...they are just lovely! That polka paper in the background is the perfect accent piece to show off those lovelies, too! So glad to see you hangin' 'round the Cafe...can't wait to see your new Verve lovelies!!

Lisa Elton said...

Very pretty! Loving those polka dots and the sweet flowers!

Stacy Morgan said...

Pretty and great colors together.