Monday, September 1, 2014

Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge - Lovely Leaves


It's hard to believe it is September 1st already!! Meep!!  We have had an amazing summer weather wise and I am definitely not looking forward to the rain beginning again....  However, I am very much looking forward to the maple leaf trees on our street turning colour.

This photo just makes me happy :)  I love fall colours (to wear, craft, as well as decorate and paint my home with) and was itching to make a card using them.  Leaves have always been a favorite image of mine as well, so combining the two had me smiling the whole time I was creating this card.  It's the little things wink, wink.

CC Sept 1 photo CCSept1pic.jpg

I picked up the background and created a bit of an ombre scheme with the chevron lines to mimic the colour of the leaves in the photo.  Added a beloved maple leaf along with a leaf of similar shape to the ones in the photo.  A die cut sentiment wrapped things up nicely.

Lovely Leaves Designers


You can check out all the challenge details over on the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge.  Plus, you can now follow us on Facebook and Pinterest.  Here are the links: 


Thanks for popping by and look forward to seeing your creations.










 

What's In It?
Stamps:  Leaf Prints (PTI)
Paper: Dolled Up ((My Mind's Eye) Bravo Burgundy, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Early Espresso (Stampin' Up)
Ink:  Close to Cocoa 
Accessories:  Chevron and Happy Hello Dies (My Favorite Things), Leaf Prints Die (PTI), Button, Twine, Glue Dot, Dimensionals 

19 comments:

Lynn said...

Marisa,
Not sure if it is just me, but I can't see the picture of your card :(

nwilliams6 said...

The colors in the inspiration picture are wonderful and you so captured them in your card Marisa. Love the patterns and the colors really pop against that white washed wood bg. Wonderful Fall card. Hugz!

Tenia Nelson said...

This card ROCKS!!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Beautiful Fall card Marisa. Love those leaves and the ombre chevron die-cuts. The wood grain background looks great.

cm said...

You've translated the inspiration photo into a most beautiful card. Everything about it makes me feel 'fall happy', even though I'm not looking forward to the cooler temperatures. Oh well...a good reason to add some fall colours to the wardrobe (in the form of cosy sweaters). Happy September 1 to you!!
Hugs~c

Julia Aston said...

wonderful bold colors on this Marisa!

~amy~ said...

bold & beautiful!

Amy Sheffer said...

Beautiful! Love the chevron die-cuts!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Yes, Fall is your season~ :) This card is awesome and I love the font of the hello - who's is that?

Benzi said...

Wow! I love every inch of this card.

Sheri Gilson said...

Gorgeous fall card, Marisa! Love the chevrons and fabulous ombré design!

Maureen said...

I love the colours against the wood paper. Stunning :)

Unknown said...

You hit the nail right on the head with this fab card Marisa! The colours are amazing. So striking! xxx

Vickie Z said...

It's fabulous girl! Love how you used the chevron borders and the wood background is perfect....as well as your beloved leaves!!

Laurie Schmidlin said...

Marisa, this is one of my most favorite cards EVER! SO gorgeous! I love the colors, the papers, and especially that pop of black! LOVE!

BeverlyBL said...

Love your weathered wood and your chevrons are great colors. Really nice fall card.

Kim S said...

Such a fabulous combination of elements! I love the bold chevrons against the weathered wood. Such a perfect backdrop to the leaves and the simple "hello". I am with you - I LOVE fall colors (and fall weather)!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful Marisa,those chevrons make such a statement!

Greta said...

I love your style & this is striking!