Sunday, November 23, 2014

25 Days of Christmas Tags


Today  I'm playing along with Tracey McNeely's 25 Days of Christmas Tags.

I simply love making tags!  They are quick and easy, and you can keep them CAS or dress them up as much as you like.  They really do dress up a gift, especially if you wrap your gifts in butcher paper or white paper because that lets the tag do the talking :)   I know some families who keep recycling gift tags year after year and people wait to see which one they will get, or there is a certain tag that gets you a special something if it is one your gift.  Needless to say, you can have loads of fun with them!

The flip side is it can be excruciatingly painful to see your tag end up in the recycle bin with all the Christmas paper.  Think that is why I only  make them for hostess gifts now!  The anal crafter in me wants to shake some people and say "Did you not notice it was hand made, with lots of fun details and papers as an extra special something on your gift?!"  As you can guess, it took just one Christmas of making tags for gifts and I was cured LOL!  However, fear not, these will be put to good use on gifts for co-workers, teachers, coaches etc. as I don't have to witness what they do with them!  Okay, enough about my anal retentive side!  Time to move on to my tags.  I couldn't just stop at just one so I made two!

Tracey Tag 3 photo TraceyTag3.jpg 

This tag uses two of my favorite things about Christmas:  Snowflakes and "JOY"!  Went for big, bold and in your face so you don't miss it LOL!  Love it!  Five dies and some dimensionals made for a quick and easy tag.  Thinking this would be great on a card too so may have to go round two with it.

Tracey - Tag 1 photo Tag1pic.jpg

For my second tag, I used the current Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge for this tag and pulled the colours from one of the pin cushions.  This adorable Christmas tree die from  Lil' Inkers was calling my name and I couldn't resist making it a gingham as per the pin cushion pattern.

By the way, there are some pretty amazing prizes to be had over on Tracey's blog.  Sponsors include:

  


 



   

Plus you have an opportunity to win by simply leaving a comment on my post!  You can check out all the contest details HERE.

Thanks for popping by today!


What's In It?
TAG 1
Paper:  The Sweetest Thing (MME), Kraft, So Saffron, Early Espresso (Stampin' Up)
Ink:  VersaMark 
Accessories:  Tag Die (MFT), Tree Die (Lil' Inkers), Christmas Word (PTI), Crimper (Fiskars), 5/8" Saffron Satin Ribbon and 1/4" Red Satin Ribbon (Michael's) Dimensionals
  
TAG 2
Paper:  Real Red (Stampin' Up)
Accessories: Tag Die (MFT), Snowflake Die (PTI), Joy Die (WPlus9), Silver Half Pearl, Silver Twine, Dimensionals

31 comments:

Lynn said...

Beautiful. I love your gorgeous tags Marisa especially those layered snowflakes!

Isabel Z said...

These are beautiful creations.

Kristie Goulet said...

Lovely tags, Marisa! Love the bold look on the first one and the country feel on the second one!

Pam said...

Oh, I love tags! Your bold joy tag is fabulous!!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Super fun tags! I know what you mean about them being thrown away...ouch :)

Lizzie T a/k/a Wifelady said...

I love the layers of snowflakes!!! Cute idea - great tag!

Tenia Nelson said...

Both tags are AWESOME, Miss Lady!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Marisa I love your tags and I am AR myself. We save them and during clean-up everyone has an envelope with their name on it to store the tags for next year. Gifts that leave the house I try not to think about what happens! Thank you so much for joining me today as my guest at the 25 Days of Christmas Tags! xoxo

Jean Bullock said...

Gorgeous tags, no wonder you worry about their final destination.

Rubeena I. said...

awesome tags!

Lindarub said...

Love Your tags.

Vicki Burdick said...

Beautiful!! Love them both, that red one is my fave!! I save mine for special people, ones who I know will appreciate the effort!!!

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful! Love how the layered snowflakes pop off the red tag! Fabulous job!

Unknown said...

So very, very pretty!

Lee-Anne said...

Two beauties, Marisa...but there's something about that first one...just love it!!! It is a crying shame when someone just tosses out something that you've put your heart and soul into...

Anonymous said...

Love the red and white tag.
the blue gingham is pretty too. it's more subdued.
thanks for sharing two great tags.

liz said...

I like the red and white. Nice!

Iris said...

Super cute tags - love the layered snowflake.
isoscia at aol dot com

Darlene Gabriel said...

What beautiful tags Marisa. I especially love the first one......red & white combined with snowflakes and JOY....gorgeous. Cure tree on the second tag. It would be such a shame to see these being thrown out. I only do tags for special gifts for that very reason also;)

cghundley said...

Love your tags!
The snowflake is
so pretty.
Carla from Utah

Monika/Buzsy said...

Wonderful tags Marisa. Love the layered snowflake and the die-cut word on the first one. That tree is so sweet on the second... also love the die-cut word... awesome colors. I know what you mean. We do put our hearts in gift tags too... not just in cards... right?

Sue D said...

Wonderful tags--I would never throw them out!

Stacy Morgan said...

Fabulous gift tags! I love the red and white, very classy. They will not throw these out girl... Wonderful job.

TracyM #6773 said...

BEAUTIFUL tags Marisa!!!
LOVE the ELEGANT die cut layers of your red & white "joy" tag, LOVE your gingham Christmas Tree on your Kraft base too!!!
THANK YOU for sharing your CREATIVE INSPIRATION ... and for sharing your VERY VALID frustration about how some people don't appreciate handmade as much as we do - 2 years ago I posted out handmade and no-one said a thing about them, so last year I posted out store-bought AND several asked "what happened to your handmade ones?" ... I feel your pain!!!

cm said...

Marisa, I'm swooning over how eye-catching and elegant your tags are! Love the snowflakes, the tree, the colours: everything! The PTI sentiment...oh my! I think it's getting close to ordering some PTI...
~c

Bonnie said...

I love how the first tag bursts with joy! And the sweet gingham tree is adorable on the second!

Mary-Anne V said...

wonderful tags...I love snowflakes and these are just great.

karenelr said...

OH how I love your snowflake tag! Fabulous!

nwilliams6 said...

These are gorgeous Marisa! I can't imagine anyone throwing these away - especially the first one! So crisp and so pretty and so Christmas-y. I have not really ever gotten excited about making Christmas tags but I am more into it this year. Love yours. Hugz

Indy's Designs said...

These are such cute tags!

Ruth G said...

I love the die cuts you've used and the color combinations! Really wonderful designs! TFS!