Friday, May 22, 2015

Happy Birthday Mom

 photo mombday.jpg

Needed a birthday card for my mom, and this Freshly Made Sketch screamed flower in lieu of the circle element, so it was a perfect fit for what I had in mind.

I have been hoarding this Cut and Paste paper for a while, and decided my mom was a wonderful reason to use some :)  Added a flower and some leaves for my focal point and a birthday sentiment tab.  A few half pearls finished things off.

Having our family birthday celebrations this weekend (my brother's birthday is also in May), as well as some extended Mother's Day festivities.   Many wonderful reasons to celebrate :)

Thanks for popping by today and sharing a bit of your day with me.



What's In It?
Stamps:   On Occasion (Verve Stamps)
Paper:   Cut and Paste (MME), Cool Caribbean, Sage Shadow, Kraft (Stampin' Up) 
Ink:  Black    
Accessories:   Dreamy Leaves (A Cut Above by Verve), Flower Die (PTI), Twine, Buttons, Half Pearls, Glue Dots, Dimensionals

10 comments:

JoAnn said...

Very pretty. Enjoy your weekend celebrations.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Your colors make this card so pretty!

Anonymous said...

I love this Marisa! The pretty papers, the gorgeous flower and the font on the sentiment is fabulous :-)

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is so pretty, Marisa! LOVE that aqua flower!

Tkat said...

wow! wow! so gorgeous!

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful card, Marisa! Love the flower!

Lynn said...

Hope you have a wonderful time celebrating your mom! Gorgeous card for her Marisa.

Kim S said...

Such a lovely combination of patterns and colors! I love the soft and feminine look with the trio of pearls and the lacy border strip. The sentiment looks just right on the kraft!

Stacy Morgan said...

Very sweet and pretty. I agree a great reason to use what you saved. ;-) Hope her birthday was wonderful.

nwilliams6 said...

Lovely papers and that flower is so happy and perfect for birthday wishes. Pretty card Marisa. Hugz