Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Viva La Verve June 2015 Week 1 Sketch

VLV JUNE 15 Week 1 photo VLVJune15wk1pic.jpg

It's recap time for the first Viva La Verve June sketch and this is the lovely sketch Julee is providing for us to work with.

The big circle reminded me of a doily so that is what I went with and the rest fell into place.  However, it needed a little zip so I added the red butterfly.

The sentiment is the Psalm 119:105 Plain Jane and the butterfly is my favorite Flutterby die.

After I had completed and photographed the card I realized I did a bit of a goof in that I didn't use two different papers for my background - my bad!  No time to make a new card so I improvised by adding a tiny strip of dark brown to at least split the panels.  Note to self: double check the sketch when you are in a hurry to get one done to make sure you are following it {bashful grin}.

Head on over to the Viva La Verve blog to get a ton of inspiration and to find out whose cards I have spotlighted this week.

Thanks for popping in today!



What's In It?
Stamps:   Psalm 119:105 Plain Jane (Verve Stamps)
Paper:  
Capella (Basic Grey), Early Espresso, Real Red, So Saffron, Blush Blossom, DSP (Stampin' Up)
Ink:  Black     
Accessories: 
Flutteryby Die (A Cut Above by Verve), Doily Die (Top Dog Dies), Crimper (Fiskars), Button, Twine, Glue Dot, Dimensionals 

11 comments:

D- said...

Your card is beautiful. Love your sweet butterfly. Thanks for sharing.
Crafty hugs,
Dawn
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Just beautiful, Marisa! Love the crisp black mats and those sweet little crimped pennants!

Vicki Dutcher said...

You just ROCK out these sketches -- looks awesome

Lynn said...

I'm with Vicki...you do rock these sketches Marisa!

Darnell said...

Mwah! Every time I stop in, Marisa, I'm so awe-struck by your precise sketch interpretations and your impeccable execution!! Hugs, Darnell

Anonymous said...

I always love your cards, but I love that you bring back techniques like your sweetly crimped banners! I must remember that the next time I make a card, my friend!
Hugs,
Sharon
aka Sunshine

Deepti said...

Fabulous design! love the use of patterned papers :)

Kay Miller said...

What a beautiful card! I love all the different patterned papers and the pretty doily and butterfly!

Kathy Jones said...

Marisa this is AWESOME!!! Love all the design elements, pops of black and the colours are glorious!! Hugs to you!! :)

Kim S said...

I got that butterfly because of you and I have just realized that I have never used it! I love the natural blues, greens and patterns topped with the vividly colored butterfly.

cm said...

Ever so pretty, Marisa, and you know already that the butterfly is the highlight for me! Love it!
~c