Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Viva La Verve July 2015 Week 1 Sketch Recap

VLVJuly15Wk1 photo VLVJul15Wk1pic.jpg

We are into a new month of Viva La Verve sketches and today I am posting my take on Julee's sketch.

Multiple panels can cause me grief at times, so a great way to get around them is to use a paper pad as the papers are already matchy, matchy {grin}.  In this case, my favorite (hoarded), In Bloom MME paper pad came to the rescue.  The sketch was a great way to use up some scraps and I just love this Hello Friend Plain Jane.

The focal panel was a bit stark, so I added a few leaves from Bloom and Grow to soften it as well as a tiny butterfly for some dimension.

Want to know whose cards I spotlighted this week, then head on over to the Viva La Verve blog to find out as well as to getting a ton of inspiration from the gallery.

Thanks for popping in today!



What's In It?
Stamps:   Hello Friend Plain Jane, Bloom and Grow (Verve Stamps)
Paper:  
In Bloom (My Mind's Eye) So Saffron, Real Red (Stampin' Up)
Ink:  Black, Mellow Moss (Stampin' Up)     
Accessories: 
Lacy Circle and Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Lace Border and Butterfly Punches (Martha Stewart), Black Half Pearls, Dimensionals

3 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Just lovely, Marisa! That pop of red is so pretty!

nwilliams6 said...

Sweet friend card Marisa. Made me smile just looking at it! Great colors and papers of course. Hugz

cm said...

Again, a gorgeous selection of paper so artfully combined! The soft stamping on the circle: brilliant!
~c