Monday, March 20, 2017

Mojo Monday #489

 photo Mojo489pic.jpg

Happy Monday everyone!!  Julee has created this fabulous sketch for us to work with and I absolutely love it!

I wanted to focus on spring colours when I saw this sketch, but as I flipped through my designer papers, I ran across this hoarded Simple Stories paper and just had to use it.   Calling it my week of winter/week before spring pallet {grin}.

I simply adore the mix of colours on this paper, and pulled the rest of my card colours from it.  Used a PTI "birthday" die cut and added a tab with just the word "happy" from the happy birthday sentiment in Poppy Birthday.  Added this gorgeous PTI butterfly for some dimension and pizzaz.

All the challenge details are over on the Mojo Monday blog and you can also view all the wonderful Mojo Makers samples.  Should you wish more details on the Mojo Maker's cards, you can also visit their individual blogs noted below.


My week off turned out to be much less productive than I had hoped and planned....I was absolutely wiped out and most likely fighting the bug the rest of the family got so I ended up sleeping a lot and laying low.  Fully energized again and ready to take on the weeks ahead  - booyah!!

Have a fabulous week and I hope you enjoy the sketch as much as I did!



 

  


What's In It?
Stamps:  Poppy Birthday (Verve Stamps)
Paper:  Simple Stories, Kraft, Old Olive, Black, Going Grey (Stampin' Up)
Ink:   Black
Accessories:  Flag It Die Set (A Cut Above by Verve), Stitched Circle Dies (Lil' Inker), Butterfly Die (PTI), Button, Twine, Glue Dot, Dimensionals

4 comments:

Ella's Design said...

Fab card, Marisa! I have a real love of CAS these days and this pretty card, showcases the style brilliantly! Love your paper choice and colour scheme. Hugs, Lisa x

JoAnn said...

Very pretty. Love the papers and the pretty butterfly. I love this sketch too. Have a great week Marisa.

Lynn said...

Hope you get back to 100% quickly Marisa...it is no fun not being able to go like we want to! Love your fun spring inspired card!

Kim S said...

Hope you are feeling better - get some rest, moms can't afford to be sick!!!

You are so good at the little touches that make a card special. I love how you did the sentiment - with the "happy" on the shaped piece and the "birthday" standing out on the white! The paper and the butterfly have exactly the same look and work perfectly together.