Monday, June 5, 2017

Mojo Monday #500 ~ And a Farwell....

 photo Mojo500pic.jpg

Today, we are celebrating 500 Mojo Monday sketches!!  To put that in perspective, that means Julee has been creating fabulous sketches for us just shy of ten years!!  Sadly, this will be the last Mojo sketch.....sniff, sniff...  :(   Be sure to pop on over to the Mojo Monday blog to read her post.

I have a big lump in my throat and a big hole in my heart right now....but at the same time am celebrating with her as she can now dabble in other things with her extra time each week.  Needless to say, I am very thankful for my Mojo Monday sketch binder to be able to go back to.

Out of curiosity, I dug back through my Splitcoast Stampers account (I was  on there for a few years before I started my blog) to see which Mojo sketch was the first one I participated in, and found it was sketch #39 during her first year of sketches when the challenge was still run off her personal blog.  This is the card I made using that sketch and is a tribute to where it all began. 

   
Mojo sketch 120 was my first sketch win for a free Verve Stamps set, followed by four finalist positions, and then that fabulous day, August 6, 2012, when I posted my first card for sketch #263 as a Mojo Maker.  This card brought back memories and made me laugh as I was having a strong, love/hate relationship with skewed panels at the time and as fate would have it, this was the first sketch I had to deal with LOL!  Btw, I now love skewed panels {grin}.


To say I have enjoyed the past 9 years of Julee's sketches is an understatement.  It has remained my favorite challenge over the years, and I will miss it dearly.   Thank you Julee for blessing card makers all over blogland with your amazing sketches!  As the sentiment says on my card, you are a beautiful soul indeed, and I thank you for the honor of being a Mojo Maker ((hugs)) ♥♥♥

All the challenge details are over on the Mojo Monday blog and you can also view all the wonderful Mojo Makers samples.  Should you wish more details on the Mojo Maker's cards, you can also visit their individual blogs noted below.



A huge thank you to those of you who have been faithful participants in the challenge and who have left me so many lovely comments on my Mojo Monday posts over the years. And, to Teresa Kline for all her behind the scenes work.

Would love to have you join us by creating a card and linking it to the challenge!  In honor of sketch number 500, I would love to see 500 cards in the gallery, so please come an play along :)  The challenge is open for two weeks so lots of time to get crafty.

Have a fabulous day, and thank you for stopping by!

Challenges:  CAS-ual Fridays
                    Just Us Girls




 

  


What's In It?
Stamps:  Beautiful You (Verve Stamps)
Paper:    On The Bright Side (My Mind's Eye),  Early Espresso, Certainly Celery, Taken with Teal, So Saffron (Stampin' Up), Dots and Stripes (Echo Park)  
Ink:   Black 
Accessories:  Rounded Scalloped Frame, Flutterby, Scalloped Trio Trim Set and Sprightly Sprigs Dies (A Cut Above by Verve), Crimper (Fiskars), Button, Glue Dot, Twine, Bling, Dimensionals

14 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

I REMEMBER when you disliked skewed paneks! How times have changed. I'll miss seeing your sketch card samples, but, as me, I bet you will continue to use them for years to come 😀

Judy Woodland said...

Such beautiful cards, I love all your bright colors and designs. Wonderful use of those patterned papers too! Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for playing along with us this week over at Just Us Girls.

Tammy Nyenhuis said...

Oh, that's so sad. I'll miss seeing you in my inbox bright and early on Monday mornings! Your card is so elegant and clean! I subscribe to your blog so I won't miss your posts.

Lisa Kind said...

Oh this is so pretty. I love the colors. So sad to see Mojo Monday ending. I'll miss all the design team cards. Miss you too at JUGs! Glad to see you playing along with us!

Dorothy S said...

Pretty card - and thanks for the trip through memory lane. Thanks you for the Mojo Monday inspiration - I, too will miss MM!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a beautiful card, Marisa! I just love the way you layer die cuts, especially butterflies! :) It has been an honor and a privilege to design along side of you these many years. I still love that very first Mojo card you made! Thanks so much for sticking with me all this time and being a part of Mojo Monday!

Karen Day said...

Another lovely Mojo Monday card by you :o) I'll miss seeing your bright cards every Monday, but I'll still visit you here regularly!

Papercrafting Princess said...

What a bright and cheerful card! MOJO Monday will be greatly missed.

Michelle Lupton said...

Love all your gorgeous layers! Thanks for playing along with our patterned paper challenge at CAS-ual Fridays :)

Amie Kiger (Kigz) said...

Oh I just adore your colorful card! It reminds me of a Mary Englebright scene! Wasn't it a hoot to look back over the years of Mojo? Thanks so much for all the wonderful inspiration! :)

nwilliams6 said...

I remember how you hated skewed panels too and I KNOW how much you have loved this sketch challenge. I am sad with you. Your card is wonderful - super great papers and images and a sweet sentiment. I may have to try and play to help get to 500. Many hugz

Cheryl said...

Lovely Card...going to miss you all...it has been a good learning process for me...I've have grown thanks to all of you! Signing up so I don't miss your lovely work! Thank you!

Linda Callahan said...

End of an era! You made some amazing Mojo Monday cards for sure! Now I am going to have to go back and see which Mojo sketch was my first!

CherylQuilts said...

Ah, Marisa, I am sorry I didn't get to participate in the last Mojo Monday sketch, and it was a big surprise and a sad one. BUT I totally agree that it was time, and I know that Julee is now freed up to have more time for the twins and do other creative things along with being the owner of Verve, one of my favorite stamp stores. What cherished memories you have, and thanks for sharing them with us along with your first cards. Haha! I still struggle with sewed panels, but I have done them...haha! I absolutely love your final farewell sketch card, and Julee is a precious gal...and so are YOU! Hugs! xoxo