Friday, December 1, 2017

Curtain Call Inspiration Challange - A Good Read


Eeeeekkkk!!!  It's December 1st and the dash to Christmas is on!  Head down, butt up and a sprint to the finish line it is!

 photo CC17Dec1pic.jpg 

When I saw this photo, the first thing that crossed my mind is I can't wait to have a lot of down time to read over Christmas break - happy sigh...{grin}.  Then I realized I didn't own any "book" type stamps so I put on my thinking cap and decided to go with a teacher type card as I associate reading and studying with school. 

I pulled the colours from the book covers and used Reverse Confetti's Class Act.  The letter background to mirror letters on a page in a book, created a mini "notebook" so to speak with the two lined pages, added a sentiment, two apples and an arrow to draw your eye to "thanks".  Two buttons and some twine finished things off.

A GOOD READ
   
Betty Wright

Enjoy the challenge and I look forward to seeing your creations in the gallery.  Have a wonderful day and thanks for popping by :)

Challenge:  Simon Says







What's In It?
Stamps:  Class Act (Reverse Confetti)
Paper:  Kraft, White  
Ink:  Black, VersaMark, Real Red, Garden Green (Stampin' Up) 
Accessories:  Stitched Rectangles (Lil' Inker), Class Act Die Set (Reverse Confetti), Arrow DIe (Verve Stamps), Crimper, Fiskars, Buttons, Twine, Glue Dots, Dimensionals

4 comments:

Sheri Gilson said...

Adorable take on the inspiration!

Leigh Penner said...

Great take on the inspiration photo!

Kim S said...

Such a wonderful take on the inspiration - love the polka dots and the alphabet and the pop of blue with the buttons! (Hope you are successful in your "sprint"!)

nwilliams6 said...

Great teacher card, Marisa. Great details as always! Hugz