Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Jen's Curtain Call

This week's Curtain Call Colour Challenge had a wonderful array of colours:  So Saffron, More Mustard, Chocolate Chip, Going Grey and Very Vanilla.  I paired it up with Jen's Sketch For You To Try to make it a double challenge card.  I love this new SU flower punch and can see myself using it a lot.  Even though you can't really see it in the picture, I curled the petals of the flower a bit with a knife to give it a bit of dimension. 

My trusty crimper made an appearance as did the Swiss Dots embossing folder.  The ribbon is from one of my Michael's ribbon bin diving adventures.  I tied the ends with some raffia and a button, added a brad to the center of the flower and two brown half pearls in the lower corner.

The weather continues to give us issues as it is still very warm up here - 56F (12C) and it poured over night.  Thankfully the sun is shining today and they are calling for clear, sunny skies for the next week which will be fabulous!  Olympic fever has hit the city BAD!  There was a three hour line up to get into a department store to buy Olympic apparel the other day and another three hour line up to get through the cash register!  So wonderful to see all the red and white in the crowds as well as the wonderful support the Canadian athletes are receiving.  Our gold medal win has launched Vancouver into an electric atmosphere - can't wait to get down there and be a part of it this weekend!

Have a fabulous day, and thanks for sharing a bit of yours with me :D




What's In It?
Paper: So Saffron, More Mustard, Chocolate Chip, Going Grey, Very Vanilla
Accessories:  SU Flower Punch, 1" Circle Punch, 1/2" Circle Punch, Crimper, Scalloped Circle Nesties, Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, Ribbon, Raffia, Button, Brown Half Pearls, Brad, Dimensionals

9 comments:

Vicki Burdick said...

super cute!!! Love that big flower punch and your ribbon treatment!!!

Stacey Schafer said...

Lovely design, Marisa! The texture with the colors and sketch are fantastic:) Thanks so much for playing the Curtain Call!

How cool for you to be able to see the Olympics first hand! Have you gotten any Olympics apparrel of your own yet?

Danni said...

Such a wonderful card! I really like how you did the ribbon/button..very nice!

Stacy Morgan said...

Great job on the sketch and I like that ribbon treatment.
Okay 3 hours in line for apparel and then 3 hours for the cashier.. No way... I would wait till after the olympics... ha-ha

Wanda Cullen said...

I've heard of dumpster diving before, but never ribbon bin diving - lol! I'm so envious of your 56 degree weather...don't think we made it out of the 30's today! Glad you're enjoying the frenzy of the Olympic activities. :-)

Silke Ledlow said...

Marisa - I can't believe how behind I am with checking your fab creations...sorry!!!

You've been a busy stamper and this is another beautiful card. Perfect take on Jen's Sketch and I like how you used the CC colors!!!

Have a great evening!!! Hugs ~S~

TannyP said...

What a beautiful combination of textures =) Love these colors together and your fabulous take on the sketch!

Shelley said...

Great texture, Marisa. Your design really makes each of the colors stand out.

Dawn B. said...

These colors are beautiful..I love the rich tones.. Great job on this card..