Thursday, June 17, 2010

Taylored Expressions Meets ColourQ37



Taylor's sketch this week was a great one, and I also loved this week's ColourQ challenge, so it was a no brainer to combine these two challenges on one card :)

I inked up Inspired by Nature and then realized how large the image was in relation to the sketch - what can I say, all pistons were not firing at full speed when I was making this card LOL!   So...to the trimmer I had to go!

The  main image panel was stamped on cream Linen card stock so it looks like I didn't ink my stamp up properly, but in fact it is the texture on the paper.  I also placed it off center so the sentiment panel would fit.  Hopefully the challenge police are okay with it :)  My Diamonds in the Rough embossing folder added a little texture to the Artichoke layer and I used the corner rounded to make the scallops.  Since I don't own any Apricot coloured ribbon, had to go with saffron ribbon instead - rule fudging number two....shhhhh   A button and the Martha Stewart Butterfly finished things off nicely.

Thanks for popping in and sharing a bit of your day with me today :D




What's In It?
Stamps:  Inspired By Nature, Amuse
Paper:  Always Artichoke, Rudy Red, Cream Linen, Cameo Coral
Ink:  Always Artichoke, Rudy Red, Apricot Appeal
Accessories:  Diamons in the Rough Embossing Folder, Corner Rounder Punch, 5/8" So Saffron Satin Ribbon, Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch, Half Pearls, Button, Twine, Dimensionals

16 comments:

Vicki Burdick said...

This is gorgeous Marisa, I think the challenge police will be ok with it. Looks like the sketch to me!! I love the colors you have used and your great button and bow!!!!

TrishG said...

Beautiful! I love the balance. Great colors. Love that image!

Wanda Cullen said...

Marisa, you are just too funny! So glad you got your engine tuned up! :-) I love this SU set, but have trouble working with it 'cause it's so large. Love your use of it in this layout!

Danni said...

Fantastic card!

Sabriena Satchwell said...

This card is beautiful you did an amazing job with this weeks COlourQ colours :-)

BrossArtAddiction said...

Awesome job! Love how you colored the stamp, wonderful color combo! :D

Sue said...

great combo Marisa! the flowers are sensational! You have been a busy girl this week!

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, Marissa! Love this stamp!

LeAnne said...

Love it love it love it! Just a wonderful sketch and great images for the colors!!!

Linda Callahan said...

I love how stamping looks on textured stock - gorgeous!

TannyP said...

Is there any challenge you can't conquer?! Gorgeous job - I'm hoping to play along with that sketch, as I really like the layout!

Linda Callahan said...

Congrats on being a iPick for this - I knew I loved it right away!

Nance Leedy said...

I'd say the police have issued a medal of honor for this one!! Congrats on ipicks AND Color Queen--you're on fire this week. Great card and I love the stamping on textured paper. It is the perfect touch for that stamp. Great job!

RobbynW said...

Gorgeous card! Congrats on being a Color Queen!

Emma H said...

Lovely card, please come visit my blog, I'm giving away candy here:

http://paperaddictsanonymous.blogspot.com/2010/06/blog-candy.html

Vicki Dutcher said...

Congrats on your win - and again - THANKS for sharing another color site... such endless possibilities! LOL

the way you use stamps I HAVE - ha gives me ideas on HOW TO USE THEM! - you are such a good friend...lol