Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Color Dare 76


Color Dare 76
Old Olive
Elegant Eggplant
Rose Red
Not Quite Navy


Welcome to this week's Color Dare.  Riley came up with some lovely rich colours for us to use this week.  I paired them with Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge as the stripes were a perfect way to layer the colours.  I used VersaMark to stamp the flower image from the Background Basics set (SU), tied raffia on each of the horizontal panels in lieu of the stitching and found this fun little button in my stash to add on to the butterfly.  Have never seen a button with six holes in it before and it reminded me of a butterfly body so I used it.  I can see my Swiss Dots addiction has also resurfaced LOL!
 
The rest of this term's Color Dare team has lots of inspiration for you.  You can check out their creations  here:

We'd love you to join us!  Simply create a card using this week's colours and add your card to InLinkz on the The Colour Dare Blog.  If  you are uploading to a public gallery, please make sure to use the keyword CD75.   Each week, Riley will select a Featured Stamper and showcase your card on her blog, as well as noting two honorable mentions.

Busy day after school today with my after school kids back, my daughter's piano lesson and my son's soccer game.  All the more reason to sneak in some stamping during school hours LOL!   Have a great one :)


Preview

What's In It?
Stamps?  Verve Plain Jane, Background Basics
Paper:  Old Olive, Elegant Eggplant, Rose Red, Night of Navy
Ink:  Black, VersaMark
Accessories:  Circle and Scalloped Circle Nesties, Stampin' Up! Butterfly Punch, Raffia, Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, Button, Gue Dot, Dimensionals

11 comments:

Glenda J said...

This is gorgeous Marisa! Great layout and I love the embossing!

jjcreations said...

This is so crisp and clean - very nice. I like how you tied cord around each of the strips of colour.

Diane Jaquay said...

This is beautiful, and the color palette is really lovely! Thanks so much for your nice comment on my blog today :)

Vickie Z said...

Wow... you did such a good job with those colors!! I don't do enough color challenges... maybe I need to stretch my mind a little!!

Sue said...

Looooove what you have done with these colours Marisa!The colours are so striking against the white! You have done it again! :)

Stacy Morgan said...

Cute! These colors really grab you against the white bg. And I love the swiss dots.. hee hee

Dawn B. said...

I LOVE this layout and the way you used it.. The swiss dots is perfect to give it some texture..Love the butterfly.. Still have not used mine..:(

Nance Leedy said...

What a great use of the colors--they work perfectly together here. Love that sentiment and the 6-hole button is so unique!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Oh! So clean and elegant! Love it!

Andrea Ewen said...

What bold, vibrant colors atop a gorgeous embossed background, Marisa! This card is so striking and just perfect for the challenge! Super duper work, as usual, my dear!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Great, bright, happy colors, good use of the twine (little details mean so much), and I'm a sucker for an embossed element on a card, like your card base. Really pretty!