Saturday, September 11, 2010

Curtain Call Act 46 From The Other Side


When I saw the inspiration piece for this week's Curtain Call colours I had to play along.  Just love the colour mix of the flowers and thus decided to make a flower card - old habits die hard LOL.  It still feels a bit strange being on this side of the Curtain Call crew, but it is wonderful to have a new Crew's creations to enjoy and be inspired by :)

I don't own any of the colours on this week's pallet so I did a clean sweep with substitutions of Garden Green, Pretty in Pink, Apricot Appeal and Real Red as well as some So Saffron ribbon.  Since this is Our Creative Corner's last sketch of the year (sniff, sniff) I just had to use it as I just love their sketches and have used them for quite a few Curtain Call cards. I filled the large panel with a Botanical Blooms scene. embossed my white panel with Diamonds in the Rough,  added some ribbon, a button (from my wonderful Michael's purchase) and the sentiment from the set.  Always nice to get a double challenge card done :)

Think the family will have a low key weekend as we are all suffering from the first week back in school syndrome:  our bodies needing to adjust to new sleeping and waking times, having added activities on the calendar (I already messed up by showing up for my daughter's piano lesson at last year's time rather than our new one - thankfully I got the day right LOL!), celebrating a few family birthdays over at my mom's place and enjoying our last weekend before soccer games begin.  Hopefully I can throw a little stamping into the mix too :)

Have a fabulous day!






What's In It?
Stamps:  Botanical Blooms (SU)
Paper:  Real Red, White
Ink:  Apricot Appeal, Pretty in Pink, Garden Green, Real Red
Accessories:  Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch, Diamonds in the Rough Embossing Folder, 5/8" Satin Saffron Ribbon, Green Button, Glue Dot, Black Half Pearls, Dimensionals

11 comments:

TrishG said...

oooh, lovely! I love the scene, the ribbon and the background texture.

Christina said...

Ooh, how lovely! The subtle embossed background is so pretty, and your colors work perfectly with these stamps. So glad you joined the Curtain Call again this week!

Maureen said...

oh, wow, Marisa.....great use of the colours with all those flowers :) And LOVE that delicious lemon ribbon and button :) Your bows are really shining lately :) Have a restful weekend...I am enjoying a peaceful morning of blurfing and coffee, then off to the gym, clean the house and food shopping :) And that was only a short work week!!! Next one will be a doozy!! ttys...oh, did the stamps come? How long have you been waiting? Mine took 13 days in August. My PTI buddy and I are ordering a whack of PTI this release as my dad is flying into Seattle on his way back from Slovenia (his first time back to his parents' village...a trip he has talked about for 20 years)...so we're loading him up with PTI!!! LOL

Emily Keaton said...

This is so beautiful, Marisa! I just love how you used this fabulous color combo. Your hand-stamped flower garden turned out beautifully!! Lovely bow, too. Have a relaxing weekend--sounds like your first week of back-to-school was a whirlwind, too :)

Andrea Ewen said...

Gorgeous, Marisa! Wonderful "substituting" of the colors, I'd never know if you didn't "say" anything. It all looks fabby to me! And I'm addicted to anything floral as well, so I feel your pain...

Vicki Dutcher said...

I haven't been by (good grief) for a while - I naturally went back to see what I missed - Congrats on the new team!! (Where do you FIND these sites!) - now I see I will be reminded again from you - so happy! Sure hope you continue woth CC - you know I adore your creations ~ you didn't let me down with the last 6 I just looked at!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Simply gorgeous card and take on the colors Marisa!!! Love this CAS design!!! Hugs ~S~

Monique said...

So Beautiful Marisa.. Love your stamped flowers with the green butterfly's.. The yellow ribbon brings everything together..Great job :)

Sue said...

Marisa this is beautiful, you have used all the colours perfectly!! The ribbon and bow is a perfect touch, love the embossed background! :)

Colleen Dietrich said...

Love that embossing peeking out from behind those cheery flowers. I remember that set from, last year, was it? It was one I sadly did not get. I like that you chose that set to work with this color challenge.

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful flower garden! The white textured bg is perfect. Just beautiful