Monday, November 1, 2010

A Few More...



I am having a ball making this bookmarks - just in case you couldn't tell :o)   On the other hand, photographing them today was a challenge no matter where I took the picture, until I got smart and stood the book up instead of having it lie flat.  What can I say, the brain cells were not firing too well this morning LOL! 

I continue to be amazed by the differences in lighting between the four of pictures I took.  They were in the exact same location, and the first three sets of pictures I took looked like I took them at sunset.  Amazing what changing the angle of the object can do.  One of these days I will go back to trying to use my light box.  I tried one earlier this year and didn't like the outcome of my photos (I need to change my lights or get more of what I have) so I went back to using the window ledge.  Natural light is soooo wonderful.  However, with winter coming, I may need the convenience of taking pictures any time of day or night.


Sorry, I regressed....back to the bookmarks.  The top one is one of my favorites to date.  Flowers and butterflies, what more can I ask for :)   May just have to make myself one!  The shoe bookmark was made for a friend who has an extreme shoe addiction.  I almost ran some bling up the heel and put some one the "poof" (may still add it) but regardless, I'm sure she will love it :)   In the mean time, though it's hard to see, I covered the poof of the shoe with Stickles and it is really sparkly.

I've actually got a few more (told you I was addicted to making them !), but will space them out in my postings, I promise LOL!






What's In It? 
Flowers and Butterflies
Stamps:
Paper:  Elegant Eggplant, Almost Amethyst
Ink:  Sage Shadow
Accessories:  Circle and Scalloped Circle Nesties, Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch and Daisy Border Punch, Michael's $1.50 Flower Punch, Ribbon, Half Pearls


Stiletto Shoe
Stamps:  Mike's $1.50 Stamp
Paper:  Black, Pretty in Pink
Ink:  Black
Accessories:  Circle and Scalloped Circle Nesties, Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, Martha Stewart Heart Border Punch, Ribbon, Stickles

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Marisa! I'm in love with the shoe one!! Fabulous! xxx

Danni said...

These are so cute and fun! I'm going to have to try one soon!

Kristina said...

Ooooh, I love the first one, too! The flowers are just so dainty and cute! The second bookmark is so much fun. I have an old co-worker for whom that one would be PERFECT! She was known for wearing outlandishly high heels to teach in every day. A definite shoe-fetish gal. :)

Silke Ledlow said...

Marisa, these are beautiful!!! You really got it down making these bookmarks!!!

I feel guilty , because I still have not made one...LOL!!! Hugs ~S~

Emily Keaton said...

I just love seeing all of these, Marisa!! I can see why the top one is your fav. The high heeled shoe is totally fun!! Keep 'em coming. I'm lovin' these :)

Maureen said...

ah, we're on the other side of the page ;) these are so fun because you get to use all your border punches!!! LOVE the stiletto!!! Bling would make it sooo fun!! But they would be sitting shoes for sure :) The kiddos were very quiet this morning and we had a peaceful day :) Yippee!!!

Nance Leedy said...

I can't get enough of seeing these! So cute and that shoe is to die for!!

Wanda Cullen said...

I love seeing all your darling bookmarks...they are just the cutest!

Benzi said...

How sweet are those little flowers from you $1.50 punch. Wow!! And, your shoe addicted friend is sure to love those heels. I believe these may be my fav bookmarks you've made, too. Love the color combo.

Michele Kovack said...

Love these book marks!!! The first one is my favorite too!!!

Dawn B. said...

These are terrific.. I love the shoe one.. Bookmarks would make such a great gift with a good book..

Andrea Ewen said...

I can see the reasoning behind this new addiction of yours. The results are GORGEOUS! Every design you have come up with is amazing! I'd stay on this kick and let it run it's course because you are ROCKIN'!

Colleen Dietrich said...

I'm guessing that you are making these for Christmas gifts? They sure are cute and personal and thoughtful. The shoe one is neat (though I am not a 'shoe person'). I definitely think you should add some bling on there, but not too much or the book won't close right!

Stacy Morgan said...

these are so fun. That shoe is awesome. I have trouble with photos too, light is always a problem.

Kathy Jones said...

WOW these are fantastic!!! Love all the details on the flower one and I know a few people who'd love the shoe one!!! :)