Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Fluttering Mojo


Loved Julee's Mojo Monday sketch this week.  So many things you can do with it.  Since my butterfly die was still out I used it again...sorry!  It's now put away so it won't appear on cards for a while LOL!

I used Recollections DP from Michael's, giggled with glee as I used my lacy square nestie again (told you this could become my next addiction LOL!) and added a simple sentiment tag with a button.  Love the crisp look the white outlining gives this card.

Things may get a bit quiet around here for the next few weeks as I'm gearing up for a craft fair at our school at the end of this month, and the kids get a four day weekend with Remembrance Day on Thursday and a Pro D Day on Friday.  It's going to be a busy weekend keeping them busy LOL! 

Thanks for popping in and I'll be back tomorrow with my Color Dare card.





What's In It?
Stamps:  (SU) Fancy Flexible Phrases
Paper:  Recollections DP, Really Rust, Tan, 
Accessories:  (SU) Sizzex Butterfly Die, Lacy Square and Square Nesties, 5/8" Saffron Satin Ribbon, Buttons, Half Pearls, Glue Dots, Dimensionals

16 comments:

Vicki Burdick said...

Such a cutie!! I love those nesties, I need to get them!!

Benzi said...

I love your lacy nestie, too. I need/want it. LOL You've used such nice, rich colors on this gorgeous card. Love it! Enjoy the long weekend with your kids!!!

Andrea Ewen said...

I get it...trade the butterfly addiction for the Lacey Circles addiction...Sounds good to me! Although I do love butterflies, especially the vibrant ones you use on your cards :)
Love the wonderful contrasting colors on this one, you're right, that white outline goes perfectly with the darker papers! Gorgeous card, my dear!

ChristineCreations said...

Oh what a pretty combination of colors and that sheet of patterned paper Marisa!

Laural-Lee said...

What a fabulous card using such strong colours. The yellow ribbon really brings it all together.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend with your kids. Reminds me that I have to see whether the kids have Friday off or not as well.

.adri. said...

Beautiful card and definitely a great sketch! :o) And I absolutely love the way you added the message!

Hope you have a great time with the craft fair!

-Adri
www.macheriecreations.com

Wanda Cullen said...

Those lacey Nesties are REALLY cool! Am thinking they will be on my wish list soon - lol! Enjoy all your fun family activities!

Christina said...

You do such beautiful things with this butterfly die, I never get tired of seeing it! I love the warm tones on this one, and the white borders really add a crisp, clean feel. Lovely work!

Betty Wright said...

Gorgeous colors and blend of patterns to go with you beautiful layered butterfly, Marisa! Yes, I cannot get enough of the lacy nesties, either! Lovely card!

Maureen said...

Oh, what yummy colours today...and who would argue about seeing another gorgeous butterfly? Hang in this week :) Oh, I wish we had an extra day...but for different reasons ;) Enjoy your time together :)

Emily Keaton said...

These colors are yummy! (Oh, I see that one of your other commenters used that word, too. But it's so true!!) Your lacy nestie looks fantastic. I can see why you might get so easily addicted LOL!!!

uniqu3scrapper said...

super cute.. I see you love butterflies! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh I love the colours on this one Marisa, they're so luxurious! the butterfly is a beautiful die so don't hide it away for too long!

Lynn Put said...

Oooo what a fabulous card! I love these colors and patterns with the layered butterfly!

Unknown said...

Beautiful, Marisa! Love the rich colors here!

Andrea Ewen said...

Congrats on being a finalist with this card over at Mojo!