Thursday, January 27, 2011

Verve Baby Love Diva Dare



This is my second post of the day - whoo hoo!!  Don't remember the last time I did that, but I just had to squeeze this card in in under the wire.  That's two this week - not a trend I enjoy upholding.  My card is for Verve Baby Love Diva Dare which closes today.  You were to create a card or project with a baby love theme.

Loved this Card Patterns Sketch so decided to use it for my card.   The DP is from my sloooowly shrinking Costco pack, and was perfect for a little boy card.

I'm kicking myself for not putting Emery in my shopping cart as part of my last Verve order as he would have been perfect for this card.  So, in lieu of Emery, I pulled out this cute Denami Design baby I've had forever.  The stamp is actually a little girl.  I just didn't ink up her bow and "whale spout" and turned her into a baby boy.   Coloured him with Twinkling H2Os, added a line of punched stars along the bottom, a sentiment tag, and a star with a button to finish things off.

Now I have to get cracking on washing everyone's bedding as well as the other the things I've put on hold in order to get this done -- but it was worth it :)




What's In It?
Stamps: Denami Designs, (SU) Short and Sweet 
Paper: Costco DP, So Saffron, Mint Medley, Bashful Blue 
Ink: Black
Accessories: PTI Medium Scallop Die, Circle Nesties, Sizzex Star Die, Star Punch, Twinkling H2Os, 5/8" Saffron Satin Ribbon, Baker's Twine, Button, Twine, Glue Dot, Dimensionals

18 comments:

Maureen said...

aw, what a sweet little baby :) What gorgeous, soft colours too :) AND you are early!! lOl there are 2 more days to enter so you could even play again!! We have a very sunny afternoon here...one of my students said it's like Spring!! lol and the little girl in my class who has the zipper flower shoes wore them again today..teehee :)

Wanda Cullen said...

What an adorable little baby card! LOVE the soft colors and the scalloped edge...definitely spells baby love!

Paulina said...

This is SO darling, Marisa! You did a great job of converting the girl to a boy. :) Since you have a DeNami stamp- you should join us sometime for our DeNami challenges- we'd LOVE to you have play with us!

Kathy Martin said...

Darling!

Christina said...

What a sweet baby card! Good thinking to make it a little boy! That yellow ribbon is so pretty!

Bonnie said...

What a cute baby card, Marissa! I love the colors you chose and the baby boy! Interesting how you changed him from a girl.

Tanya said...

Awww, this is darling!

Stacy Morgan said...

Awww.. Very sweet.

Lee-Anne said...

This is so very cute Marisa. I love the colours and the little baby boy is just gorgeous. The ribbon and the cute little star look perfect too. Have a wonderful day!!

Emily Keaton said...

What an adorable baby boy card, Marisa! Definitely worth putting washing the sheets on hold. I love how you changed that little baby into a boy. Way to use your noodle. :)

anja curvers said...

Such a cute card thanks for playing at cardpatterns.

Benzi said...

Great job with the image, making it a boy stamp. Your card is just the cutest. I like your line of stars at the bottom. Sweet is the word for this one. Love it!

~amy~ said...

cute, cute, cute!!!! perfect baby card! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns!

Betty Wright said...

Oh, my word! That is one adorable baby, Marisa! Love the baby card! Awesome!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is so sweet, Marisa! Love that little row of stars! Thanks for taking our Diva Dare!

Ravengirl said...

This is very cute, Marisa! What a fun paper pack you have to work with and you accented it so well!

TannyP said...

Oh too sweet, Marisa! Love that little baby. You're a challenge master, I tell ya!

Andrea Ewen said...

This is the most precious card, Marisa! Love those sweet baby pastel-y colors and what a great job you've done with the sketch! Just mahhh-velous!