Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Autumn Thank You

Verve

Today's card uses Verve Diva Charmaine's August sketch.  Loved the simplicity of it as you can dress it up or dress it down :)

I jumped at the chance to create a Fall card as I just LOVE the colours - they give me warm fuzzies.  Plus I wanted any excuse to be able to use my PTI leaf dies again - can't get enough of them!

With September around the corner and Canadian Thanksgiving only about 6 weeks away, I figured it was a great way to get a jump on some thank you cards.  Susan over at Simplicity blog has a great challenge issued to anyone who wants to participate - to create a Gratitude Collection of cards that you can send to people at Thanksgiving, thanking them for what they mean to you.  So many times we think nice things but quite often it stops there, with the thought.   Can't think of a better way to express your appreciation for someone than to send them your words in a hand made card :) hat better way to express your appreciation for someone than to send them a hand made card :)

Basement clean up Part II today.   Kids are still with me so that's good!  Booster Juice bribe worked LOL! One run to the Sally Ann down and another one today.  Can you believe I had a stash of about 50 puzzles!    I looooove puzzles but the only time of year I indulge the art of making them is over Christmas Break.  It's a family tradition and quite often we make at least six 1000 piece puzzles in ten days.  Okay, it's an addiction, but at least I'm not the only one addicted to them LOL!

Thanks for popping in today and know I am thankful for all of you who come and visit and leave me some love (((hugs))).




What's In It?
Stamps:  Autumn Splendor (Verve), Leaf Prints (PTI)
Paper: Hattie (Stella Rose), Early Espresso Cajun Craze, Only Orange and Kraft (SU)
Ink: Really Rust, and Black (SU), VersaMark
Accessories:  Leaf Prints Dies (PTI), Scalloped Border Punch (SU), Distressed Stripes EF, 1/4" Brown Satin Ribbon, Buttons, Twine, Glue Dots, Dimensionals

16 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love the bright colors against the white! Just gorgeous~

Unknown said...

Your use of colour is second to none Marisa!! As with all your other cards, this is stunning in it's clean and simple lines that shout out fabulousness! xxx

Christina said...

Okay, you're making me think I need to break out the leaves for some fall cards, too! I always love what you do with them, and the autumn colors on this card are perfect!

Anonymous said...

Oh I do love Autumn, Marisa, and this card represents it so well. The leaf is perfect next to the embossed panel and your colours couldn't be any more appropriate. Fantastic! xx

Vickie Z said...

Lovely card and colors are gorgeous!!! Previous Verve sketch card is fabulous too....excellent layering of dp's!!

TannyP said...

Sounds like another productive day =) Glad to hear the treats worked!

This color combination is lovely, but I really don't like the Thanksgiving reminder. Although it does mean that my vacation is coming near. Yay!

The embossing folder you've used is a fave and the white is so crisp - I love it!

Benzi said...

This is a WOW card, Marisa! I love those gorgeous autumnal leaves.
Hey, I love putting puzzles together, too. I just don't do it since I've starting all this card making. :-(

Anonymous said...

Marissa, I think our card in gorgeous! I love the clean and simple line...

Susan (rainy) said...

What a gorgeous crisp and wonderful fall card. Great interpretation of the sketch.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card! So elegant, yet simple. I like that it is showing me the door to my most favorite season of the year!
Cheryl McAskill
c.mcaskill@veriaon.net

Maureen said...

wow! What a great pop of orange!! I knew you would LOVE those leaf dies...they are so much fun!! LOVE the button detail...so sweet. Sounds like you are making the most of the last week :) We had a Professional Day today and then Tony and I met with a finishing carpenter and soffet guy. The first layer of drywall mud is almost done :)

Amy Kolling said...

Thank you for reminding me that I have these leaf dies! Your card is so fallish with those vibrant colors! Love this sketch!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Wow, you really love puzzles! I never got into them, but my grandfather looooved his big puzzles.

I think your big, bold leaf die cuts are terrific, esp. in front of that woodsy embossing.

Sue said...

Those leave really pop off the card Marisa!! Perfectly teamed up with the embossing! :)

Andrea Ewen said...

Ah, beautiful take on Charmaine's sketch! I love the colors together and that pop of orange, WOW! It just grabs your face! I love it!

Dawn B. said...

This is so pretty Marisa. I love fall too. Every time we visit my MIL she has a puzzle going and I love to help her. It takes a lot of patience though. You can come clean my house. Luckily my son loves to clean.