Monday, August 29, 2011

Multiple Panels, Oh My!

Verve

Diva Shannan's sketch had me in a bit of a snit to start with due to all the panels, but then I remembered my challenge to myself of using multiple DPs on a card so I dove into my Stella Rose stash and went to work.

A bit of mixing and matching and I was able to get things worked out to my satisfaction.  I rounded the corners of the cream mat to match the die and fill in the corners a bit.

Phew, glad that one is done (sorry Shannan!).  Tough sketch to get the old mojo going on once again after a few weeks off.  Back tomorrow and the next day with the two other August sketches I haven't done yet.

Today is clean the basement day (can you hear my kids groaning from where you are LOL!).  A trip to the recycle depot, Sally Ann with used clothes etc. and then off to get some Booster  Juice and a video - my "mommy incentive" for the kids to help with the basement ;)   Have a glorious day!

 

What's In It?
Stamps: Words of Wisdom and Graph Paper Plain Jane (Verve)
Paper:  Stella Rose Gerttie,  Real Red, Early Espresso and Kraft (SU), Tan and Cream Linen paper
Ink: Chocolate Chip (SU)
Accessories:  Scalloped Circle Nesties, Rounded Rectangle Die (A Cut Above By Verve), Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch, Half Pearls, Corner Rounder, Dimensionals

8 comments:

Danni said...

Gorgeous card! You did awesome with the layers and combining papers!! Hope the day goes smooth for you!

Silke Ledlow said...

FABULOUS LOOKING CARD Marisa!!! What a neat sketch and you definitely nailed it!!! Hugs ~S~

.adri. said...

I could NEVER get bored of looking at your cards! They are ALL so beautiful! <3(:

-Adri
www.macheriecreations.com

Brandi Wiggins-Côté said...

WOW! this is awesome and that sentiment is fantastic! Great job, Marisa. xo B.

Wanda Cullen said...

You rocked this mega layered sketch! LOVE it!

TannyP said...

I'm terrified of this sketch, but you clearly owned it. I love the pearls and your paper combination. You've rocked all the panels!

Benzi said...

Love your card, Marisa...great job on the sketch. Booster Juice, Java...you should be putting out zillions of cards shortly. :-) Actually, I had never heard of Booster Juice so I googled it. O.K., I guess it won't hype you like the Java...just healthy.

Maureen said...

oh, this is just yummy!!! LOVE the papers you chose and the red/orange just pops!! See, it wasn't that bad!!! Keep it up!