Friday, September 14, 2012

ColourQing Fall

  
Another wonderful colour combo by Arielle for this week's Colour Q challenge.  I combined it with this week's SCS's sketch challenge - something I have not played along with in a very long time and it felt good to jump in again :)

In keeping with my fall theme, I pulled out this wonderful PTI Falling Leaves set.  Love this little tree - it just makes me smile.

Kept things pretty basic by just using card stock, but like the bold colour blocks.  A few details jazzed it up a bit and I was good to go.

Excited for when the leaves start turning colours around here, but that is a double edged sword as that also means I have a lot of raking to do when they fall down.  Until then, I'll enjoy their Autumn splendor to the fullest :)

I must fess up and apologize about the fact that in my not quite awake state yesterday morning, I accidentally deleted the the first eleven comments on my Christmas card instead of publishing them!!  Hate when I do that!!!  Just wanted to let you know I read every one of them and wish to thank you for taking the time to leave me a  comment.  Unfortunately, the black hole in cyber world is now in possession of them so you won't see your comment on that post....wearing a big "L" on my forehead today LOL!

Have a fabulous day and thanks for popping in today!



What's In It?
Stamps: Falling Leaves (PTI) 
Paper: Burgundy, Certainly Celery, So Saffron 
Ink:  Cameo Coral, Close to Cocoa, So Saffron, Baroque Burgundy 
AccessoriesLacy Oval and Oval Nesties (Spellbinders), Button, Twine, Half Pearls, Glue Dot, Dimensionals

13 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

So clean and classy, Marisa!

Unknown said...

Another beautiful Autumn card Marisa! I would LOVE to see your beautiful countryside when all the trees turn into reds and gold. *Sigh*

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun way to use the colors! I like the sketch too~

dj said...

love the clean lines....perfect card for the fall chill that is in the air!!

Emily Keaton said...

Sweet color-blocking, Marisa!! Your autumn tree is as cute as can be :). No need to wear an "L"--I'm pretty sure we can ALL relate!!! ;)

Mekyta said...

no hablo ingles, pero deseo felicitarte por tan bellos trabajos, el de ayer de navidad estaba bellisimo, bendiciones

Tracey McNeely said...

Fantastic Marisa, love that stamp set. Thank you so much for joining us this week at the colourQ!

Benzi said...

Whew! Thanks for explaining what happened to the comments. I just knew I had commented on that card, but I checked and was not there. I read the post and just knew I had read it before. Glad to know what happened and that I haven't lost my mind..yet. :-)

I LOVE your tree, too. What a great card and I know it is the kind you delight in...with the Fall leaves.

nwilliams6 said...

Marisa, these colors are yummo- love how you did each leaf a different color. This is a really fun Fall card! Hugz!

Sylvia said...

Beautiful fall card, Marissa, love the leaves! thanks for joining us this week at the colourQ and sharing your card with us.

Kara said...

Totally cute!! Thanks so much for joning us this week at the ColourQ!

Laurie said...

OH so pretty! I love the fall feel...fall is my favorite season for sure!

Betty Wright said...

This is wonderful! Love how you incorporated these colors. Fabulously done, Marisa!