Sunday, September 9, 2012

Happy Birthday To You

2012 Faves

I'm getting this month's SFYTT done early as I needed a birthday card for hubby's birthday today.

I continued my Fall leaf theme as they make great masculine cards (any excuse will do wink, wink).  A Starbuck's sleeve was perfect for the two panels (tried hard to get the date stamp on the sleeve not to show, but it still managed to make an appearance) and this yummy wide, striped ribbon I have been hording finally came out to play.

I actually passed on the maple leaf this time (mostly because it didn't fit well on the panel - yes I tried it first) and used my unloved oak leaf instead.  The button finished things off nicely, and I just "had" to add a bow instead of a knot, but hubby is man enough to handle that LOL!

We survived the first week of school and working our way into our ramped up schedule.  Needless to say, we all slept in on Saturday.  Today we are going to be celebrating hubby's birthday.  My daughter has a friend whose mom is going to give him a Chinese dumpling cooking lesson and I think he will be thrilled with the lesson as he has always wanted to learn how to make them.  Then we will give him the TV remote for the rest of the afternoon so he can watch all the sports he wants to, with minimal interruptions as I don't think I can guarantee uninterrupted time with two kids in the house LOL!

Have a great day and I'll be back tomorrow with my Mojo Monday card.

 

What's In It?
Stamps: Leaf Prints (PTI), Happy Birthday To You Plain Jane (Verve)
Paper: Early Espresso, Cream Linen, Mellow Moss, Cameo Coral, Tan, Starbucks Sleeve
Ink: Black, VersaMark
Accessories:  Leaf Prints Dies (PTI), 1 1/2" Orange Wide Striped Ribbon (Stampin' Up), Button, Twine, Black Half Pearls, Dimensionals

8 comments:

Home sweet home said...

Beautiful and I love the design.
Lovely work.

Merethe

Lynn said...

Happy birthday to your hubby! Sounds like a fabulous day just for him! Love that gorgeous ribbon...I'd be hoarding it too!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Happy bd to DH! I just love the way you use sleeves from Strbx! You go Girl! :)

Debbie Carriere said...

You have been a busy stamper!! Lovin' the fall theme! Can't wait for true fall weather to get here!

Emily Keaton said...

Hi, Marisa! We're back to school now, too. Life moves at breakneck speeds these days! But both love their teachers so it's shaping up to be a great year. We celebrated my hubby's birthday this weekend, too. I made all of his favorite Mexican dishes and we followed it up with our very own ice cream sundae bar. Delish and fun!!

Your card is so perfect for this time of year--but where is the maple leaf?????????? lol!! Beautiful creation!!

Benzi said...

Super card for hubby's birthday. Glad to see your oak leaf and that great ribbon (being so wide makes it more manly) :-), don't you think? I'm sure hubby's birthday with the cooking lesson and sports for much of the afternoon was more than he could have asked for.

Darlene Gabriel said...

Wonderful Fall card and those Starbucks sleeves are perfect here. So glad to hear you all survived the first week of school. I hope your hubby's birthday was a great day for him.

Nance Leedy said...

Oh I love this Marisa! That wide striped ribbon just makes the whole design sing! Smart use of the coffee sleeve too and I think the typing is a fun upcycled element! Hope hubby had a grand day! ((hugs))