Friday, May 2, 2014

Just Us Girls #239 - Sketch Challenge

JUGS 239 photo JUGS239picA.jpg

Welcome to sketch week at Just us Girls!  This week, Cheryl has provided us with a simple sketch you can dress up, keep CAS, or go in between.  Love a versatile sketch! 

I chose to dress the sketch up a bit as well as flip the orientation of the panel as my anal side likes going from right to left versus left to right LOL!  Pulled out an old Stampin' Up set called Vintage Vogue which I tripped across while deciding which set to use with the sketch.   The papers are from Echo Park's Hello Spring line and I fussy cut and popped up the flowers.

The rest of the  JUGS team, along with our May Guest Designer Barbara Campbell have some wonderful samples to get your inspiration going, so head on over to the Just Us Girls blog and check out what they've created.  Then put your creative genes to work and add your card/project to the challenge post on the JUGS blog for the chance to be chosen as the Chic of the Week.  Plus if you are chosen as Chic of the Week, you could be invited to be a Guest Designer.

Looking forward to sleeping as I am still catching up from not sleeping on the red eye flight back from Hawaii on Monday.  My body has never done well without sleep and I have been sorely reminded of it this week as I struggled through it in a daze LOL! 


Thanks for popping by today and have a fabulous weekend! 

 
 

What's In It?
Stamps:  Vintage Vogue (Stampin' Up)

Paper:  Hello Spring (Echo Park), Kraft (Stampin' Up)   
Ink:  Perfect Plumb, Pale Plumb, Black, Apricot Appeal, Pumpkin Pie, Black (Stampin' Up)
Accessories:  Buttons, Twine, Purple Half Pearls, Dimensionals
  

18 comments:

Lynn said...

I hope you can catch up with your sleep this weekend Marisa! Love those patterned papers. So soft and beautiful.

sue t. said...

Marisa- this is stunning! I love the base pattern paper you used. I have to say, my "anal" side would cringe going left to right!

Sharyn Polesel said...

This is a fantastic card, and your patterned paper is really beautiful! Hope you had a wonderful time in Hawaii. We've never gone there, but it is a dream of ours. Enjoy your weekend!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Excellent! Those colors are so pretty together~

Benzi said...

Love it, Marisa. Those are super colors on your flowers and such pretty paper, too.

Lisa Kind said...

This is gorgeous Marisa! I love the springy and fresh colors and how you flipped the sketch!

Can't wait to hear about your trip! Get some much needed rest this weekend. Why is it we need rest coming back from a vacation? It happens to me too! LOL!

Betty Wright said...

Love these colors and patterned papers, Marisa! Lovely card!

Kim S said...

I'd like to feel sorry for your exhaustion - but you were flying back from HAWAII!!!

I love your cheerful card! The stamped flowers coordinate beautifully with the paper in the background and give it a wonderfully dimensional look.

cm said...

We're just about to head out, but not before I pop in to exclaim: GORGEOUS!! Again, the papers complement one another superbly; the flourished large-scale F is fabulous, and the flowers perfect! Love this!! Enjoy some sleeping in and rest time!!
c

Susan (rainy) said...

Such gorgeous colors and papers and beautiful stamping. Love how you dressed up this sketch!

Tracey McNeely said...

Marisa love your card today, I hope you catch up on your sleep this weekend. I can't wait to hear about your trip, I bet fabulous!

Barbara said...

I have always had a "thing" for paper. I just love the soft papers that you have used on this card. Everything came together so well. Now, I hope you got caught up on your sleep, just close your eyes and dream of Hawaii. One of my favorite places.

Bajalizzy said...

love the polynesian feel of this card

Jannette said...

What a beautiful card! I love the colours and how "soft" it looks. I'm definitely going to CASE this one!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is gorgeous! I like how you switched up the sketch and those papers and flowers are beautiful.

nwilliams6 said...

I see the Hawaiian influence on this card Marisa - lots of flowers and bright colors. You did a fab job with the sketch, the paper choices, the image you tripped over - everything is wonderful! I am still jealous you got to go to Hawaii. Fun, fun, fun! Hugz!

Cheryl said...

Love the colors you've used for the sketch, Marisa!
I'll bet the trip was worth the jet lag! Sounds like a dream trip!
Glad you're safely back!

Maria said...

Oh super pretty! LOVE the use of the patterns and colors! Nice job.