Friday, May 16, 2014

Just Us Girls #241 - Colour Challenge

JUGS #241 photo JUGS241picA.jpg

This week we have a colour challenge for you over at Just Us Girls.  I must say, Orchid is not one of my staple colours and I didn't have time to go digging so I opted for the stamped version of the colour instead.

I pulled out PTI's Frilly Flowers which I haven't used in a long time and went to work.  I stamped the flower with two shades of orchid for a slight variation on on the flower and added a pearl center.  Some kraft leaves and sentiment, along with PTI's Linen Impression plate (which is not show up too well in the photo) and I was good to go.

Reminds me of the gorgeous flowers we saw in Hawaii :)   Speaking of which, I haven't forgotten about sharing some pictures, it's just that I have just been crazy busy since we got back and haven't had time to wade through all three hundred plus pictures.  They have made it from the camera to the computer so we are moving along LOL!  Now just the editing and selecting remains.  If time permits, I hope to get to them this weekend.

The rest of the  JUGS team, along with our May Guest Designer Barbara Campbell have some wonderful samples to get your inspiration going, so head on over to the Just Us Girls blog and check out what they've created.  Then put your creative genes to work and add your card/project to the challenge post on the JUGS blog for the chance to be chosen as the Chic of the Week.  Plus if you are chosen as Chic of the Week, you could be invited to be a Guest Designer.

Wishign you a fabulous day!

 
 

What's In It?
Stamps:  Frilly Flowers (PTI)

Paper:  Kraf (Stampin' Up)   
Ink:  Orchid Opulence, Marvelous Magenta 
Accessories:  Frilly Flowers Dies and Linen Impression Plate (PTI), Happy Hellos (My Favorite Things), Corner Rounder (Marvy), White Half Pearls, Dimensionals

18 comments:

Lynn said...

Love those gorgeous PTI dies. Beautiful Marisa...and I hear you on being crazy busy! Hope you are hanging in there!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Yes, this reminds me, too, of flowers from Hawaii! Gorgeous CASness, and looking forward to pics. :)

Vicki Dutcher said...

Look at YOU - going all CAS! Fun card with a great hello.

Maureen said...

that frilly flower is always so fun...a bit high maintenance, but once it comes together it was worth the effort! Love the orchid colour...so yummy with kraft :)

Benzi said...

OOh, the flower in orchid is so pretty, Marisa. Lovely card.

Laurie said...

Love that big bloom! Gorgeous card!

Sharyn Polesel said...

Beautiful card! Love that gorgeous flower!

Betty Wright said...

This is beautiful, Marisa! You make that flower look so fabulous with all those pretty layers. Love these colors! Great card!

nwilliams6 said...

Amazing flower Marisa. Great layers, patterns, and colors. Lovely!!! Hugz!

Lisa Kind said...

Gorgeous card Marisa! Love that flower and the way you used the colors!

Barbara said...

Yes, this does remind me of the flowers in Hawaii! Fabulous card and love the leaves in kraft.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Beautiful CAS design! I love that pretty layered flower with the bold sentiment. The flowers in Hawaii are amazing.

Darlene Gabriel said...

Beautiful card. This flower is gorgeous. I do so love all the gorgeous flowers in Hawaii. Look forward to seeing those pictures when you have the time to get to them;)

Nancy said...

That flower has so many layers! Really pretty card...and I am looking forward to seeing those photos of Hawaii Marisa!!! Get busy girl...lol!

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful! Love the big bloom and fabulous CAS design!

cm said...

GORGEOUS!! I'm swooning over your fancy, frilly, fabulous flower; it's absolutely gorgeous! Love this...
c

Lee-Anne said...

Oh my...love that gorgeous bloom, Marisa...so pretty!

Carolee McCaslin said...

Beautiful card!! Love the Color combo:)