Friday, August 12, 2016

Viva La Verve August Week 1 Sketch Recap

VLV Aug 2016 Sketch 1 photo VLVAug16Wk1pic.jpg

This week, I get to recap this wonderful Viva La Verve sketch by Julee.

I found this delicious Echo Park paper in my stash and just had to use it as it is one of my favorite colour combinations - pink and green.  Plus, I needed an encouraging card in my stash to be able to give to my daughter when she begins to stress out about starting university and has to deal with all the changes and emotions that will bring her way.  She is a worrier, hates change, and gets herself wound up way more than a given situation often calls for, so I wanted to remind her to keep her focus on God's promises to her and not her circumstances.

The sentiment is the Luke 1:45 Plain Jane, and I paired it with my beloved Flutterby die and Heart Quartet die.

You can check out the challenge details on the Viva La Verve blog, as well as get some added inspiration from the gallery.





 


What's In It?
Stamps:  Luke 1:45 Plain Jane (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Country Lane (Echo Park), Wild Wasabi, Rose Romance, Pretty in Pink (Stampin' Up)
Ink: Black
Accessories: Heart Quartet and Flutterby Dies (A Cut Above by Verve), Scalloped Circle and Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Button, Twine, Half Pearls, Glue Dots, Dimensionals

3 comments:

JoAnn said...

So pretty. Love the papers and that sentiment. The heart and butterfly are so cute.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is just beautiful, Marisa! Love those prints and patterns and I'm sure it will be the perfect encouragement for your daughter.

Lynn said...

before I was reading your comments, I knew this would be perfect for your daughter! Gorgeous and big hugs to you and her! xx