Saturday, August 22, 2009

I love the Verve Sketches with a twist over at the Verve Forum on Splitcoast Stampers. This week's sketch was to CASE (copy and share everything or copy and selectively edit) one of the Verve Diva's cards and the twist was as follows: if they used designer paper you had to omit it, or if they didn't use any designer paper you had to use some. The Verve Diva Design Team is an amazingly talented group of ladies. I spent over an hour just looking at all their wonderful creations before I settled on CASING
none other than the Queen Diva herself, Julee Tilman, creator and designer of Verve Stamps. Her lovely card can be seen here. I omitted the designer papers, substituted yellow where she used orange and used Chocolate Chip in place of the black. I added a touch of piercing around the corners of the flower panel to finish it off. I am far from a Design Team Diva, but one can always be inspired :D

I'll be back with the other three August Verve sketches over the coming week. Thanks for stopping by :D

What's In It?
Stamps: Petals and Stems (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Certainly Celery, So Saffron, Chocolate Chip
Ink: Certainly Celery, So Saffron, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: SU Scalloped border punch, SU scalloped oval punch and large oval punch, 5/8" brown satin ribbon, brads, dimensionals, paper piercer

1 comment:

Maureen said...

Love this CASE...I spent about an hour too and then had to choose from about 6 cards! Love the oval sentiment here. Oh, I tried the "MyBlog" link on you SCS signature but it wasn't working. You may want to check it:) It took me 4 tries to get mine working!!