Thursday, September 17, 2009

Distressed Puppy



I used this week's Crazy For Challenges sketch for the fourth Verve Release challenge which was to use distressing on your card. This sketch was perfect for this adorable Penny Black stamp. I apologize for the quality of the colouring. I don't own Copics or water colour pencil crayons and gamsol, and my blender pen was dried out so I had to revert to pencil crayons (the things you find out about late at night and can't do anything about....!). I did feel like I was back in elementary school when I was colouring this little guy. However, issues I had back then came back to life... I realized I am not good at picking out colours to colour things. Probably a good thing I don't own Copics as I wouldn't be very good at colouring images any way LOL! Lucky for me, Penny Black colours their stamped images and I have been known to follow the colours they use more than once - though not in this case for some strange reason. Must have been the late hour when my brain had gone to bed even if my body is still up :D

I roughed up the edges of the four square panels as well as the main image panel. The sentiment needed a bit more of a lift so I pierced under it and then I balanced things off with a brad in the lower right hand corner. Not my best card, sorry!


What's In It?
Stamps: Penny Black
Paper: Vanilla, Cocoa, Tan, Paw Print DP
Accessories: SU paper distressing tool, brad, paper piercer, dimensionals.

5 comments:

StampOwl said...

Super cute card, thanks for playing with the C4C

Maureen said...

love the title of your post...I feel like that some days... "a distressed puppy." Great distressing and colours...how many more!! Woot woot!!

Cindy Haffner said...

So darling, awesome job.

Jackie Pedro said...

This is so ADORABLE!!! Thank you for playing in my challenge!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Awww... This is darling.