Friday, September 18, 2009

Verve Release Sketch #1


This is my last Verve Release Challenge card - yipee!! Would be great to win some Verve tonite at the release party as a result of completing the challenges, but I can't get too greedy as I won at the last release party. However, one can always wish :D

This was actually the first release challenge, but my "one creative gene" was in serious rebellion around this sketch for some reason so I left it for last. I pulled out some of the Hostessing DP I got last year or the year before and for some reason settled on the grey. Not exactly the first colour I think of when I think of butterflies, but there are some ridiculous politics going on in my son's soccer association that have had a very negative impact on his age group. I won't get started or you will be reading this post for a few hours!! Let's just say, they are not thinking through the impact or wide spread ramifications some of their decisions are having on this age group, and when if affects so many kids and only benefits a few, I get more than just a little upset!!! Enough said.

I just love this Great Friend set and don't know why it took so long for me to get it! In hindsight I think I should have embossed the butterfly, but time is of the essence as the deadline for completing the challenges is too close for comfort right now LOL! Sketch came together quite nicely and for the circle portion I used the Martha Stewart Leaf punch to tie into the leaves on the butterfly. The white panel is embossed with the Birds and Swirls embossing folder and the bottom grey section was crimped and then flattened a bit so the crimping wasn't so dominant. Three little flowers along the bottom was my finishing touch -- I can't tell you how often I have used that $1.50 mini punch from Michael's! I even got a second one just in case the first one wears out LOL! Lots of dimensionals popping up layers which you can't really see in the photo, but it looks great in real life.

Thanks for stopping by and for your comments. It makes my day to hear from you :D



What's In It?
Stamps: Great Friend
Paper: Black, Greys, SU DP pack
Ink: Black
Accessories: Marvy Scalloped Square Punch, SU Circle Punch, Martha Stewart Leaf Punch, Birds and Swirls Embossing Folder, Paper Crimper, Sheer Black Ribbon, Michael's Mini Flower Punch, Dimensionals

3 comments:

Stacy Morgan said...

Oh I like the B/W and your butterfly looks great!

ChristineCreations said...

What a pretty pretty card, fantastic elements and texture, great use of the sketch!

Maureen said...

I think my comment was about loving the 2 colours :) The sketch turned out so well :)