Saturday, October 24, 2009

Flowers for Mercy





I'm waaaay late with Mercy's Tuesday sketch this week due to all the Verve Release Sketch Challenges.  Sorry, Mercy....you weren't forgotten,  just delayed :)

I found some left over Making Memories Pink Small Dots DP and went from there.  After trying several different stamps, things just weren't working for me so I decided to try punches instead.  I recently got a Martha Stewart Leaf punch and wanted to use it so of course I had to go with flowers -- bonus :)  My creative gene was not cooperating in the least (think it was overwhelmed by all the amazing samples the Verve Divas were showing us at the Verve Release Party last night) so I opted for more of a monochromatic look to simplify things.  The flowers were the easy part.  The leaves.....well, that was a whole different story!  I think I need to take a leaf arranging course --anyone offering lessons LOL!!!  I must have spent half an hour moving the leaves around and trying to make them look natural and not like they were just shoved in randomly.  The hanging leaves helped, but I'm still not totally sold on my arrangement or the card for that matter.....  However, I really do need to get other things done today so I had to be happy with what I had.  Some half pearls in the corners and some wonderful Celery coloured ribbon I found in none other than the Michael's ribbon bin finished things off. 

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend!!



What's In It?
Paper: Making Memories, Pretty in Pink, Rose Romance, Certainly Celery
Accessories:  Scalloped Oval and Oval Nestabilities, SU Flower Punches, Martha Stewart Leaf Punch, 1/4" Circle Punch, Half Pearls, 1" Celery Grossgrain Ribbon, Dimensionals

6 comments:

Maureen said...

Love the pink and white! and the flowers are a great idea to cover up that oval...a tricky sketch this week. I just finished mine and will post tomorrow morning. I had a flower in mind too :) Did you get anything last night? Got 3 sets...Christmas in the Air, Frosty flakes and Believe. Love the new fonts :)

Silke Ledlow said...

He,he,he - your still on time!!! Love your take on the Sketch!!! The punched out flowers are so beautiful and the colors are so soft and pretty!!! Hugs ~S~

Denise Marzec said...

Gorgeous, Marisa! LOVE all the dimensional flowers and leaves.

C said...

Pretty!

Dawn B. said...

I am so glad to hear that someone else is leaf challenged.. I can never get them to look right.. This is a really pretty card Marisa.. I love the pinks..Great job.

Unknown said...

marisa...this is so fun! love the die cut flowers...i am leaf-challenged, too! LOL!

thanks for playing along with my sketch for last week...you did an awesome job!

{{{hugs}}}
mercy